No announcement yet.

What brackets are lower for Recaro Speed/SRD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm curious about that also. I got two more recaro's for my other E30 and I need some brackets, hoping the speedware's are even lower

Comment

from the research I have done, the Low wedge uses the recaro adjustable slider and the speedware bracket uses the std. recaro sliders. so they mount differently and are therefore built slightly different. Both sit low in the car and both have a mount for the factory belt. Which is "better" is the million dollar question that there does not appear to be a clear answer to.

[i]Originally posted by jht3 [/i
      does anyone know what the difference is between the low wedge and the speedware? [/B]

Comment

Originally posted by sacM3
        from the research I have done, the Low wedge uses the recaro adjustable slider and the speedware bracket uses the std. recaro sliders. so they mount differently and are therefore built slightly different. Both sit low in the car and both have a mount for the factory belt. Which is "better" is the million dollar question that there does not appear to be a clear answer to.

i wasn't aware that the Wedge bracket required the height adjustable sliders and the Speedware required the standard sliders, but it makes sense based on the pictures i've seen

as i already the height adjustable sliders, i should go with the low Wedge bracket and put my old high one to use as a doorstop

but it might be worth it to me to get the Speedware and standard sliders if that combo results in a lower height. although based on the link in the first post, it seems that both have the same height.
        James
        sigpic

Comment

I was probably one of the first people to complain to Wedge about their bracket after buying them and not being happy with the alignment and height. Since they were local to me, I drove down and voiced my concerns. They were very accommodating and told me they had a prototyped lower version but they weren't mass produced yet. So a week later I came back for them and they were perfect, the seat is now centered so the seat doesn't rub the door panel and the height is much lower.

I cut the bottom 2 holes off of the rear of my height adjustable brackets so that I could mount the rear as low as possible and mounted the fronts at the highest setting so the seat can be bucketed more. I thought about the Speedware stuff which looks good too but I would have had to get new standard sliders also, so I was looking at about $200 per seat (and having them shipped) vs $55 and the height adjustable sliders I already had. So for me, the Wedge's were the way to go.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Update:

Just finished the install of 2 Recaro Speed seats in my car. I love them. Look and feel awesome. I used the Wedge Engineering low profile brackets with Recaro Height adjustable sliders. Like Reelizmpro I had to cut the rear tabs to get the front all the way up and rear all the way down. But I only cut the last hole off. This seating position gives a really nice bucket feel. I also took measurements from the bottom rear of the seat up: 37 1/8" to the headliner, 38 1/8" to the sunroof. So I gained some headroom over stock.

Comment

i just got a new low wedge bracket to replace the 10-year old onei have. it was a pain to mount the seat as two of the welded nuts were just slightly not lined up with the hole in the bracket, making it hard to thread the bolts in. i mounted the bracket to the seat first, then installed it in the car. made me really wish i had a racheting 17mm box end wrench

i mounted the sliders as low as they'll go in front and back and just jammed it down, as i didnt feel like cutting slider tabs, nor did i need to. i think my sliders are also an old design as the adjustment lever goes outside of the sliders, interfering with the tranny tunnel and carpet. it seems the ones currently available have the lever inside the slider rails.

i feel like i'm not much lower than the stock seat put me, as the stock cushion squishes down more. so i think i'm maybe less than 1/2" lower now. but i'll take everything i can get.
              James
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X