Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my front seats are shot...www.leatherseats.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my front seats are shot...www.leatherseats.com?

My drivers seat is toast and the passenger seat isn't far behind- both need to be replaced.
    Has anyone had any experience with www.leatherseats.com and their m3 seat replacement?
    Thanks
    SteveZ
    SteveZ

I didn't see the seat replacment for the e30 m3, Are you going to get the leather and do it yourself?
    1988 /// M3

Comment

I was under the impression that the e30 convertibles and e30m3 shared the same seats. They look real close and I'd imagine that BMW would be out of their mind to redesign a seat so close to an existing seat

SteveZ

Comment

I was also under the impression they are the same sport seats assuming they are leather.
        www.worlduph.com

These guys have em (the kit) for 800.00 or so. I havent had any experience with them since this is still on my todo list.
        1989 E30 M3 DD
        2002 R1150R

Donate some social capitol to my cause please?

twitter.com/LUMANIKUS
        facebook.com/Lumanikus

Comment

Buy a a set of Recaro SRD's

Do an ebay search for recaro. There are a large number of japanese domestic market Recaro's being brought into the country. I bought a set cheap and refinished them with OEM euro cloth.

Comment

I have done some forum members cars let me know if I can help you out. All kits are custom made
            Regards,
            Kevin

We've got you covered
            www.seatkit.com
            Your DIY upholstery source
            [email protected]

Comment

OK Kevin
              I am sold... well maybe, how much for the two front seats? Where are you located? I have the grey interior.
              1988 /// M3

Comment

Originally posted by hlmflyer
                OK Kevin
                I am sold... well maybe, how much for the two front seats? Where are you located? I have the grey interior.
                You have silver grey. I do not have that color in non oem. Kit forum is $950 for both front seats in OEM bmw leather silver grey. I am in S. Atlanta.
                Here is a set I did when I used to do the dye match process but for factory colors I use OEM. Here is what the OEM leather will look like, this is a e34m5 seat in dove.
                Regards,
                Kevin

We've got you covered
                www.seatkit.com
                [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Kevin
                  Sounds reasonable, I will be in touch in the future,
                  1988 /// M3

Comment

Originally posted by KC67
                    You have silver grey. I do not have that color in non oem. Kit forum is $950 for both front seats in OEM bmw leather silver grey. I am in S. Atlanta.
                    Here is a set I did when I used to do the dye match process but for factory colors I use OEM. Here is what the OEM leather will look like, this is a e34m5 seat in dove.
                    Regards,
                    Kevin

Cool let me know if and I will help you out.
                    Regards,
                    Kevin

We've got you covered
                    www.seatkit.com
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hey Kevin,
                      I remember talking to you before. I have seen your work somewhere and I think you said you could do ultra suede and piping too. Are you the same guy. Do you have a convertible 3 series?
                      Last edited by Lumanikus; 10-25-2006, 04:14 AM.
                      1989 E30 M3 DD
                      2002 R1150R

twitter.com/LUMANIKUS
                      facebook.com/Lumanikus

Comment

Originally posted by Lumanikus
                        Hey Kevin,
                        I remember talking to you before. I have seen your work somewhere and I think you said you could do ultra suede and piping too. Are you the same guy. Do you have a convertible 3 series?
                        I believe that is me I have a calypso cabrio. I have done kits all over the country and some of my work is posted on various forums. Are you in ATL? Here is the full kit in automotive grade microsuede installed by a customer.

And his full micro E36 as well.
                        Last edited by KC67; 10-25-2006, 04:28 AM.

We've got you covered
                        www.seatkit.com
                        [email protected]

Comment

Yep you’re the same guy. Im in ATL too. I haven’t bitten the bullet on this yet because of other mods and fix's that took precedence. Yeah we had spoken about microfiber bolsters or some combination like that. I like the perf center he has on that. That looks great. Yeah I know now I definitely want something custom like that but not some tacky two-tone. Hey since your local maybe I could get the material from you first and I could have a friend stitch the M logo somewhere inconspicuous or I could emboss it maybe. Can you perf leather too?
                          1989 E30 M3 DD
                          2002 R1150R

twitter.com/LUMANIKUS
                          facebook.com/Lumanikus

Comment

Originally posted by Lumanikus
                            Yep you’re the same guy. Im in ATL too. I haven’t bitten the bullet on this yet because of other mods and fix's that took precedence. Yeah we had spoken about microfiber bolsters or some combination like that. I like the perf center he has on that. That looks great. Yeah I know now I definitely want something custom like that but not some tacky two-tone. Hey since your local maybe I could get the material from you first and I could have a friend stitch the M logo somewhere inconspicuous or I could emboss it maybe. Can you perf leather too?
                            Sure you I can send samples. I can sew in the stripes like this. I have a local embroiderer as well.
                            Last edited by KC67; 10-25-2006, 05:03 AM.

We've got you covered
                            www.seatkit.com
                            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X