Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diff between E30 M3 seats and E30 325i sport seats ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff between E30 M3 seats and E30 325i sport seats ???

What's the difference ??? Only think I think that I can find is the direction of the stitching in the centres on the leather, although I'm not 100% sure about that either?!?!?!?

Also the rear bench!
    Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Fronts:
      Direction of stitching

Rear:
      2 passenger for M3
      3 passenger for 325i/318i/etc

NEXT TIME SEARCH YOU SILLY CANADIAN. I KNOW ITS DARK AND COLD UP DER' IN DA NORF COUNTRY... BUT....

Hope the Huskies are keeping you warm at night Tom.

Best,
      Chris
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

My old sport interior:

Wanted, Plastic E36 M3 cam cover from the USA

Comment

Ever since the SEARCH XXXX was banned........... I've gotten lazy and fat finger-ed. :chug:

I'm considering to flip my M seats for mint condition seats out of a 325i. For sure the front seats. Rear seat........ hmmmmm, not sure what I will do with that. Will I get banned for such actions ????? My car is not being restored to be all OEM original-ness............... and will likely at some point in the future re-cover the seats with black cloth for butt glue reasons on the track. Just figuring these lightly travelled 325i seats would be in better condition guts wise for that re-cover in the future (padding, and over-all wear and tear of the parts). THoughts?!!?!??!

BTW, not huskies............ Polar bears.
          Last edited by tominizer; 12-12-2006, 04:53 AM.

Comment

325 sport seats also have piping, while M3 seats have double stitching. Stick to the M3 seats.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
            1989 M3 racecar
            e39 Touring

Comment

Pictures:

Pretty good for 19 years old.

Comment

tom you have a 3 seat rear bench or is that in a regular 3er?

A special thank you to:
                archie, chutrain, carfantiti, ///M3 Terr, Jake, G2NY, Justin(OKC), Andyman746, dllance, NameIsStanley, JP, Speedvill, blyguy, MTLALEX, ///M0F01SD, Tom64, GK-E30M3, L James, ///CRISS, Das Boots, e30polak, DrWillb, Cactusjacks1, E30terry, S14E30M3 and all the S14 members who have showed support and contacted me.

Comment

Those pictures are of the 325i set I'm acquiring.

The M current has the correct factory M rear seat.
                  Last edited by tominizer; 12-12-2006, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I have the 325is sport seats in my car. They look terrible and I can't wait to get rid of them. And mine are in good condition too, but they just look wrong. Stick with the M3 stuff IMO.
                    1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

Actually, I'm making arrangement to sell these off........... and going to get my originals redone, but in black cloth.......... like the sparco cloth.

Comment

Or I may gut the 325i seat skins and recover them to be stitched up in black cloth to match the M stitching................ don't know. Confusing day.......... in retrospect, may have jumped a bit too fast on these seats without thinking it through completely.............. and dropped dough un-necessarily............... again. :(

Comment

get what was stock for your car, the Germans can't be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X