Mounting Shell Seats - Sparco etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBSAK03
    I drilled a hole in the floor behind the seat, near the tranny tunnel. There is a flat area underneath, so you have to measure carefully. The harness clips-in like this:

I also sell all of this stuff ;-)

Christopher
    Where's the safety wire?:yeah:

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by empty
      Where's the safety wire?:yeah:

Mike
      In my tool box. It's next to the Green Loctite, Latex gloves, 3/8 torque wrench and the rest of the other crap I try not to use.:p

Christopher
      Christopher

www.brmmotorsports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3
        Mick / Christopher,

Could you guys take photos as to where you mounted your drivers side (right/tranny tunnel) harness mounts?
        I did the same thing Christopher did, but used the hardware that came with the harnesses.

Originally posted by Bavarian3
        Mick,

Did you use the driver side stock belt hole (bottom) to mount the left side harness mounts?
        Yes, The eyebolt was the same thread/pitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
          When I mounted my Cobra Suzuka GT drivers seat I used the Cobra bracket and it was a direct bolt in. No adapters needed. I mounted a Cobra Imola on the passenger side and had to fab up a couple of brackets. They were pretty simple and work well.
          http://www.mydig.com/auto/articles/cobra_seats/
          Mick,
          Your install looks great. I'm thinking about doing something similar soon. I had a chance to sit in several different fixed back shells this weekend at a DE and the Cobra Suzuka GT seemed to be a great fit for me. I'm glad to see it's also a great fit for the car.

I have a couple questions: What is the difference between the Imola and the Suzuka? The Imola is significantly cheaper, but why? Is it less comfortable or supportive? I do see that it has lower hip bolsters. Did you put the Imola in the passenger seat because it was cheaper or was there another reason? Would 2 Suzuka GTs fit side by side without interfering with each other, the trans tunnel, or the door panels? You used a custom bracket setup to install the Imola, but if you had used an Imola GT instead would it have installed the same way as the Suzuka GT with just the Cobra brackets and no adapters?

Sorry for the rapid fire questions but I've been doing a lot of reading on the web and it seems like this is the best place to get good answers that I can trust!

Thanks guys!
          Dominic

Comment

Working...
          X