Corbeau seat brackets........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbeau seat brackets........

I got some Corbeau FX1 race buckets and E30 brackets for a song ($600 shipped) but the infamous brackets too high is at hand. Anyone know of someone who makes brackets for the Corbeau seats that are lower? i can't even sit in the seat with a helmet on.

T

I removed the sliders and gained 1". With the rear seat pad in my helmet is right at the headliner edge of the sunroof. Without the pad there is 1/2". Is this enough? I don't know because my SRD's in my other car with the edge brackets had over 1" of clearance above the helmet.

How much room do you gain without the headliner? How much does the head liner weigh?

thoughts?

T

Comment

Well there are basically two types of brackets to be used with sliders. One is height adjustable and one isn't. I found that the height adjustable ones tend to sit higher than the standard sliders. What type of slider do you have? if you have the non adjustable ones then you'll need to lower the bracket.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
        Well there are basically two types of brackets to be used with sliders. One is height adjustable and one isn't. I found that the height adjustable ones tend to sit higher than the standard sliders. What type of slider do you have? if you have the non adjustable ones then you'll need to lower the bracket.
        I got rid of the sliders and only have the brackets and it is still too high.:shit:

T

Comment

Working...
        X