No announcement yet.

Recaro SRD vs. Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The differences in the seats may look small, but the performance difference is actually considerable. I dont have real thick legs but my problem with the SRDs was never upper shoulder support but was around my legs. The Speeds hold much tighter here and I donít need to brace my legs as much in turns. Even though the Speeds have less pronounced shoulder supports I could not notice any difference there. Originally these seats were supposed to be for my dads car but the added support helped so much I swapped him my SRDs

It should be possible to swap a Speed lower half to an SRD no problem. The seat is 2 piece and I believe with some work you can dismantle the hinge.

Stan, I have never heard of those seats, they look really nice. Very pronounced lower supports. Do you have the price per seat and what can be done as far as sliders and mounting them?
    Jeff J.
    1990 E30 M3

Comment

I've been here awhile, Mike, but lurk most of the time...

RedShark Racing http://www.brannfors.com
      1988 M6
      1990 M3
      1991 M5

Comment

>>>Stan, I have never heard of those seats, they look really nice. Very pronounced lower supports. Do you have the price per seat and what can be done as far as sliders and mounting them?<<<

You'd have to do a search on "bride seats brix" or something like that. When I sat in them I was pretty impressed. You ain't goin nowhere. They are made in Japan and are not those 100 ebay seats....Bride appears to be a decent seat. Most likely they have mostly bracketry for Japanese cars, but I'm positive an enterprising sort could fit them to our cars. After all, most seat projects tend to be part adventure anyway.

Stan

Comment

Does anyone have these pics, comparing the Speed's + SRD's?
          -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Working...
          X