E36 M3 Seat Cloth in my E30 M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 M3 Seat Cloth in my E30 M3?

So some seat pictures got me thinking about doing cloth seats again. I know that there still is E30 EvoIII cloth available, but would the E36 M cloth be cheaper since there should be more quantity available. I tried the dealer, but no luck. It was 5:30 on a friday so Im sure he didnt want to spend the time looking. I also searched the ETK and the SIG with no luck.

I would like to use perhaps the earlier dark pre '96 E36 M3 cloth with alcantara bolsters. Should be cool I think.

Anyone have any leads on prices, part #'s or general thoughts?

Here is some pics:

Last edited by wookie1976; 10-15-2004, 05:04 PM.

Re: E36 M3 Seat Cloth in my E30 M3?

:cool:

Right after I posted those pictures, the same thought went racing through my head. I'm going to take a pilgramage to the dealer on Monday monring and see what I can find.

As with the evo cloth, I think it will be a matter of finding the right person in the right mood.

1988 Silver E30 ///M3 - Sold
    1995 Yellow E46 ///M3 - Ex-GrandAm Cup Racecar
    1995 Silver E36 ///M3 - Crapwagon
    1995 Black E36 ///M3 - Crappier Crapwagon (Turbo)
    1995 Purple E36 ///M3 - Crappiest Crapwagon (Euro S50 powered)
    1969 BMW 2002/1602
    1986 BMW 325 turbo

Comment

Ill do the same! I am not below slipping my parts guy a 12 pack of beer and a Playboy to get what I want. Mindtricks never hurt either :jedi:

We can compare notes when we are done. Thank you BTW for posting those pictures for us!
      Last edited by wookie1976; 10-15-2004, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Should be the same price around $100 a roll. I have Euro E36 cloth on my seats "M cross armaretta" I think it's called. I think you'll be happy with cloth/alcantara. It's real pimp. It also has a lot more grip than leather. Just keep it clean.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
        85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
        91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Based on a quick search in my ETK, for vehicles with "M-Cross/Amaretta", cars from 9/95 show the following part numbers:

51 92 2 489 864 - Anthrazit
          51 92 2 489 865 - Grau

I also would interested in knowing if you find anything different from the dealer...but I want it for my E36 as the E30 has Recaros.

Nick

Comment

Thanks Nikos. My ETK shows no part number for the cloth. Strange since it looks up the proper diagram when I input your number?

Ill call the dealer in the morning.

Comment

My dealer found the parts at a price of $127.69 / running meter.

Guess Id rather have the EVO cloth for less $$$.

Comment

I think Alcantera would look pretty cool in our cars. I personally would like to find an alcantera shift boot and ebrake boot. Any ideas? I like the look a lot, but the suede ones Ive seen look to ragged for my taste.

Comment

Joe,

Are these for stock seats?

Comment

i did this about 4 years ago on my srd's. i bought the cloth back in 1995 after seeing it in the 1994 325is mtechnic. i'll dig for some pics.

mark

Ruining Motorsport one M3 at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3
                      Joe,

Are these for stock seats?
                      Im not sure what exactly you are asking about.

I plan on covering the stock seats yes. I thought heavy about SRD's, but really it like the stock seats. At least for now anyways. I have this crazy thought to try the upholstery myself. I wanted to practice on something less expensive than the Evo cloth, hence my thinking that the E36 stuff was worth a shot to see if it was cheaper.

If you were asking about the price, this was per running meter. Guess that since this fabric pattern is "on the diagonal", it will take about 4 meters to cover the fronts and backs.

Anyone else have a nice looking fabric I should look at? I want a black/dark pattern as my interior is black, and if its non-BMW, then it should be non-specific as possible. Once I get the hang of sewing the stuff, I will get the Evo cloth, or give up and have someone else do the job for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dhabes
                        I think Alcantera would look pretty cool in our cars. I personally would like to find an alcantera shift boot and ebrake boot. Any ideas? I like the look a lot, but the suede ones Ive seen look to ragged for my taste.
                        I just posted the boots I make in the FS section. They may be what you're looking for.
                        A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Working...
                        X