No announcement yet.

18mm Spark Plug Socket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The motion pro socket I got does not fit. It was just a bit too wide. I was very disappointed. I'm going to order the 18mm Hazet.

Mike

Comment

**Snap-On has a similar socket as well if it is easier for you to get in touch with them.**

snap on *did* have one but it has been discontinued. tried to get one from snappy back in late march/early april. ended up getting a hazet for a customer, it was like $60.

i have both a hazet and a snap on plug socket and the hazet is a better tool, the snap on one looks better.

hth,
      greg
      garber's

Comment

can someone measure the outer diameter of the hazet and or snap-on tool and post it here please? there's a specialty tool shop nearby that hasn't failed me yet. I'll go there and measure first before buying. TIA!

Comment

anybody?

Comment

snap on .924", 23.58mm

hazet .885", 22.47mm

hazet is available from the dealer, 88 88 6 121 160 $37.75 bmw list

hth,
            greg
            garber's

Comment

I have been using NGK Platinum plugs as those fitted to the 2002 ///M coupe and they are very good, much better fuel economy and idle and at 6.5k rpm the engine just explodes with power (only if it were lower in the revv range) But the smaller socket fits over them.

Andrew

Andrew@E30zone.net | H23-is | S14 | Ceccoto #270

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post

Here is the BMW Tool P/N 88-88-6-121-160 List $37.75. Make sure to buy a locking extension like toe one shown so it doesn’t get stuck down there. The socket has an extremely powerful magnet.

Jeremiah

Here is the new number and updated MSRP:

83-30-0-491-127 SOCKET WRENCH IN $52.80

Originally posted by drinaldis
                I dated a girl who used to do the reverse grind. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Working...
                X