X5DC Spark Plug Differences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X5DC Spark Plug Differences?

So, last week i picked up some new spark plugs in the hopes that i would change them this weekend. When i bought them, i opened one of the boxes to make sure they were the right plugs and they were, so i bought them and left.
    Then, today, i went to install them, and guess what, two of them were different. Even though the are all X5DC's Two of them came without caps on them. I thought this was weird because i though all X5DC's came with non-removable caps. Am i wrong? or are these two just some type of manufacturing screw up?

Also, what is the correct Fuel filter for a 1990? The one they gave me is a Mann filter with part number WK830/7 is this correct? When i compared it to the one on the car now, it was shorter. This is my first time changing the fuel filter so i don't know what type is on the car now as i can't read it.

EDIT: The fuel filter on there now is a Kayser.
    Last edited by M3shark; 09-09-2006, 10:01 AM.

I recently bought a set of plugs and 2 had permanent caps and the other 2 had no caps. They were all from the same place. All my old plugs had screw on caps, so I just reused them on the new plugs. I just ordered a second set and they all had no caps on them. Seems to be random if they come with them or not.

Comment

I ordered some plugs some months ago, a few weeks ago I go to replace them no caps on all four.
      Checked the ones I had and they were made in Germany the new ones were made in Brazil.

I have also bought a fuel filter in the past that when I went to replace it, it was 1 inch shorter.
      I want to say it was a Mann filter but I'm not sure.
      Pinto

Comment

Ok, so on the Germany/Brsil thing. 3 of my plugs were made in brazil and the other one was made in Germany. How do i go about getting caps for them? Can i just buy the caps somewhere, or do i have to buy plugs with removeable caps and switch them? If thats the case, how do i know which plugs have removable caps?

Comment

Originally posted by M3shark
          Ok, so on the Germany/Brsil thing. 3 of my plugs were made in brazil and the other one was made in Germany. How do i go about getting caps for them? Can i just buy the caps somewhere, or do i have to buy plugs with removeable caps and switch them? If thats the case, how do i know which plugs have removable caps?
          They will not work on the car unless the caps are on them so return the plugs that are capless to the vendor and ask them for the Correct application.

If this is an indication of failing quality control standards by Bosch, I'll be buying a competitor's brand.

m

Comment

I pay a premium for plugs from the Yamaha dealer for my YZ250 (2-stroke dirtbike) so I get the solid head plug over the screw on plug adapter. For some reason my bike runs waaaay better on those than the screw tops. Electrical conductivity maybe?

Not a huge diff in price, but I keep 3-4 on me since you foul a few plugs in deep woods.

I'd figure out a way to keep getting the solid tops.

Comment

I ordered four of these plugs from a local parts store and none of them had caps. I unscrewed the caps from the old plugs and used them. Have had no issues.
              '89 Cinnabar Red
              '88 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet
              '82 Fiat Spider Turbo
              '00 Ducati Monster

Comment

Originally posted by kristoj
                I I unscrewed the caps from the old plugs and used them. Have had no issues.
                The caps on mine don't screw off. I went back to the plae i bought them from. The rest of the ones they had in stock all had no caps on them. The were kind enough to give me caps for the ones that didn't have caps.

I think the X5DC's must come without caps now, and the two i got that had caps were old ones.

Comment

i also went through this. most places around here i cant get the x5dcs, so i tried ngk and they didnt have caps on them either! ordered bosch from parts place twice- no caps. finally got caps from another set of bosch.

Comment

Working...
                  X