Announcement

Collapse

SIGFEST 2017, Please join us this June 16th-17th

If you're in the North East of the US this June, please join us for SigFest in NJ. Registration is open. http://www.sigfest.com/events.php
See more
See less

Spark plug terminals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug terminals

I tried replacing the spark plugs on my M3 today and discovered that the replacements don't come with the screw on terminals. I tried removing them from the old plugs but they were built in. Are these terminals sold separately? Anyone have a set from old plugs they don't need?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
    91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH
    98 528I SPORT 5 SPEED- SCHWARZ/SCHWARZ

just go buy a cheap set of plugs that come with them. like 4 bucks

Comment

haha same thing happened to me. I'd just use Ada///M's advice

Comment

If I get a set with the resistors on, I save the resistors. We had a thread on this issue last year sometime. You never know what you'll get when you get these plugs.

Make sure that the resistors you do get are identical in profile to the ones on the old plugs. If you have the old plugs, they may or may not have removable resistor caps.

m

Comment

Thanks guys. I cross referenced Bosch X5DC plugs to NGK D7EA which Autozone carries for $1.69 each! Unfortunately, they didn't come with the terminal nuts either. I ended up getting them from a small shop.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH
          98 528I SPORT 5 SPEED- SCHWARZ/SCHWARZ

Comment

This happened to me last year when I bought a set of the NGK's. I just went and bought a cheapo set of Bosch's that had removable caps, and swapped them on. Now I save all the spare caps I see, just in case the next set of plugs I get don't have them. You can never have too many spares :Apu:

Comment

(Happened to me last week)
              The super high end Bosch plat. plugs come with a spare in each box.
              (As I recall it was Bosch)
              The guys at auto zone were cool and just robbed 1 ea. from 4 box's
              for me.

Tried to remove one from the old plugs, and it wasnt removable? Pulled the thing apart.

Comment

Working...
              X