Announcement

Collapse

SIGFEST 2017, Please join us this June 16th-17th

If you're in the North East of the US this June, please join us for SigFest in NJ. Registration is open. http://www.sigfest.com/events.php
See more
See less

thin wall spark plug sockets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thin wall spark plug sockets

are there 2 sizes of these? i borrowed my buddies socket last year to install some plugs i bought. i need to pull them back out now before firing my motor and i purchased the hazet(sp?) socket wrench thats recommended but it wont physically fit the hex size of the plug. its been too long and i dont recall what plugs i have in there but i know i used an s14 plug wrench to install them. are there 2 sizes? my buddies socket has since been stolen so i cant compare it. thanks
    Lowest pricing on OE BMW and aftermarket World Pac parts
    www.Blunttech.com

Did you install champion plus or something like that?
    If so I forget what size, but you'll have to use a different socket or the factory tool.
    I recommend using the Bosch. Especially if you want to use that expensive socket. :rastajake:
    1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

I think that Bosch plugs are 17.5mm and NGK are 18mm, or something like that.

massivebrakes@gmail.com

1969 2002 racecar
      1989 M3 racecar
      e39 Touring

Comment

until i get the correct wrench to get them out i have no idea what i have in there. i remember searching s14 to find out what plugs to run. my guess is they are NGK. i dont think id buy champions. my brain is half gone so if it happened earlier than last week i wont recall it. i guess from what lee is saying there must be 2 socket sizes available then. (thin walled)
        www.Blunttech.com

Comment

Thats ok bro.
          I suffer from CRS too (cant remember shit) LOL
          Can you get your factory tool in to grab it? If not maybe one of the sears sockets may help.
          1988 Diamantschwarz

"The original M3 is utterly brilliant in ways the people at M have either forgotten about or choose to ignore."

Comment

Originally posted by ///CRISS View Post
            Thats ok bro.
            I suffer from CRS too (cant remember shit) LOL
            Can you get your factory tool in to grab it? If not maybe one of the sears sockets may help.
            i have 2 hazet sockets (both the same) and the factory took kit POS socket thing. i cant loosen the plugs because all the sockets i have are too small. i need a larger thin wall socket to fit the hex on the larger plugs i have in there. im not real good at explaining things but i hope thats clear.
            www.Blunttech.com

Comment

If they are 18mm NGK's, you need the HAZET 880MgT-18
              http://www.samstagsales.com/bmwtools.htm

Comment

ok thank you. when i ordered the first one i didnt even see that. thank you. anyone want to buy a brand new HAZET 880AMgT-3 .....i have 2 of them. the hazet and the BMW socket that looks exactly the same except for finish. both brand new
                www.Blunttech.com

Comment

PM sent

>>Tim

Comment

Hey I'll take one of those sockets off your hands, mine went missing :rolleyes:

Comment

brian, the one im selling is 17mm. you use the 18mm which i am keeping. you can just use mine if you like unless you want a 17mm
                      www.Blunttech.com

Comment

so when you used mine it was an 18?

Comment

If you still want to sell the HAZET 880AMgT-3 socket, I am willing to purchase . Let me know and I'll PM you my contact info .

Thanks,
                          >>Tim

Comment

Originally posted by M3Driver View Post
                            so when you used mine it was an 18?
                            yeah, i installed the plugs with your wrench and forgot about them. then when it came time to fire the motor i wanted to pull the plugs to spin it and get oil pressure before firing it. so i ordered the BMW tool but it came in 17mm. so i thought it was the wrong tool and ordered the hazet but wasnt aware there were 2 sizes. so i got another 17mm. then someone in this thread informed me of the 2 sizes so i bought another. 150 dollars later i have the right socket
                            www.Blunttech.com

Comment

for future reference...
                              GearWrench brand 11/16 deep 12pt socket works perfectly. fits all the way down. $6 at any Advance Auto store.

part number is 80776
                              www.gearwrench.com

and GearWrench is the lead sponsor of the BIMMERWORLD race team!
                              Marshall
                              75 M2

Comment

Working...
                              X