Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What spark plug brand (model#) do you use??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What spark plug brand (model#) do you use??

As the title says, wondering what everybody uses in their car...
    also if you can add what kind of driving you do (daily, spirited, etc), as well at what mileage you change them.

Hopefully we can keep this simple and NOT switch to the discussion of which plugs are better. don't get me wrong great topic, but I'm interested in what you guys use.

Thanks,
    Carlos

Stock plugs for me. Change them every year or so but I hardly drive the car so....

Comment

NGK. Thats all I prefer to use in every car I can.

My car was dailyed for a few months when I couldn't help it. Now its gets very spirited weekend use every 4-6 weeks. Change them when I want to (yearly) or every 12ks so far. They seem to be perfect.
      Steve
      "Technology is the only replacement for displacement" - TRD

(For business related questions please contact my other user name 'Steve@VAC')

Comment

I run Denso Iridium plugs on my other cars so I had my machinist look them up for our cars so heres the p/n: IX22B#4 or 5375#4. They cost @$10 ea. but well worth it.

They last up to 5 times longer than stock plugs and twice as long as platinum plugs which don't work well on M3's... you should check their website out. You will feel and see a difference, I just clean them twice a year and they don't skip a beat.
        Last edited by ///schwartzman; 12-25-2007, 07:27 AM.
        Rich!

Comment

stock bosch plugs for me
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

NGK - $1.59 from local Autozone.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
            91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH
            98 528I SPORT 5 SPEED- SCHWARZ/SCHWARZ

Comment

STOCK !!!!!

Az :chug:

"But most of all...
              ... I like the way you move......"

Comment

Ngk, semi DD in the nice weather, change them once a year.
                Last edited by M-technik-3; 12-25-2007, 01:15 PM.
                Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Bosch XR4CS - slightly colder plug than the stock X5DC. A colder plug of course they are actually more appropriate for warmer environments and track or race cars.

Although many people have issues with fouling plugs on the S14, I have not. I used these plugs on my daily driver (Texas) for years.

When I install a new motor, I use the stock plugs. I keep a spare set of both versions in my track box.

FYI... Platinum plugs and multi electrode plugs normally don't play nice in an S14
                  Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM.
                  Mark Williams
                  Dallas, TX

Nothing says "welcome to the neighborhood" like a search... oh wait... looks like they are all gone! :rastajake:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sbailey294 View Post
                    NGK. Thats all I prefer to use in every car I can.

My car was dailyed for a few months when I couldn't help it. Now its gets very spirited weekend use every 4-6 weeks. Change them when I want to (yearly) or every 12ks so far. They seem to be perfect.
                    what model of ngk??
                    thanks

Comment

Cross reference for the bosch X5DC to D7EA Ngk,
                      And for the colder plugs bosch XR4CS to DR8ES Ngk
                      -Tony-
                      1991 M3 10Km
                      1989 M3
                      BEGINS HERE

Comment

NGK for me, D7EA during winter DR8ES during summer. Spirited weekend driver and track days.
                        Don't forget the NGK's don't come with the screw on connector for our plug wires. You'll need to purchase that seperately or take some off another plug.

Don't try unscrewing the connector from a stock plug, because it's mfg. with the ceramic insulator and won't work.
                        Last edited by m3pat2; 12-27-2007, 10:24 AM.
                        Pat

Comment

To dredge up a couple of old threads, (one of which was quite heated)

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread...ght=spark+plug

and

Comment

Originally posted by roberte View Post
                            To dredge up a couple of old threads, (one of which was quite heated)

and

MAN! Those almost hurt my head to read... I've found everybody has their own individual opinions... I give my input with whatever support I can find, and let the reader float their own boat.

BTW: The Denso Iridium plugs have the smallest center electrode allowing the plug to fire with less voltage... i.e. if your coil gets weak over time as they do it won't take as much to fire these off.
                            http://www.densoiridium.com/spconstruction.php
                            Rich!

Comment

I'm thinking of trying denso iridium plugs... so you guys recommend running colder plugs in the summer (stock 2.3w/ chip)? the temperature high's around here are from mid 60's to mid 70's(central coast ca.), if it matters.
                              TIA,
                              Carlos

Comment

Working...
                              X