X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 Mitch
    replied
    So, for a more or less stock motor, is there any advantage in anything other than the standard Bosch plug?

In general I have found NGK plugs to be excellent and in Japanese bikes and cars have never found anything better. They also work right well in Chevy V-8's and I-6's. NGK's are frequently the best you can get for a lot of different motors.

In the VW 1800cc 8-valve motor, however, I have found that the Bosch 3-electrode plug (I forget the designation) gives a bit faster starting and slightly smoother running. I don't have a dyno so I don't know what it does for all-out power, but it has not made any noticable difference in fuel consumption.

Anybody got specific data or even anecdotes?

Leave a comment:

• JLA M3
    replied
    Tried the following...

original, xr2cs, denso iridium (IX something) and now Xr4cs, the best so far is xr4cs feels good. Didnt really like xr2cs. Iridium was good but you had to carry a different tool to take them out as the orig tool doesnt work.

honestly, not much difference, I think all of them are pretty good already

Leave a comment:

• mrsha007
    replied
    where can i pick up a set of xr2cs's?

edit: also, where do you guys pick up a set of X5DC and XR4CS's?

my local parts stores never have any.

Leave a comment:

• JS154
    replied
    Originally posted by TeamM3
    sorry you feel that way, it's not intended and if you ever get the chance to meet me perhaps you'll be openminded enough to put the internet BS aside and judge me for who I really am rather than how you perceive me

Nothing personal but you come across exactly the same way on the SCCA forums too IMHO. And the SIG for that matter. nobody likes a condescending know it all. Then again, maybe that's just my perception but based on how i've seen you write I'm not really that interested in getting to know you.

Then again IMHO SCCA autocrossers for the most part are so friigin uptight i'm not interested in autocrossing anymore save for at a local level. Maybe I'm too much of a softie or I just suck at autocross.

EricH (who for years came across as a bit overbearing albeit untentionally and learned the hard way...still learning..)

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    John...here's a chart URL (below)...looks like the resistor version may be QA55V... Check out the others too. They are not too pricey...I'm happy to get some for you if that is helpful...let me know.

Racing Plugs

Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 06-14-2004, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve88M3
    replied
    If I may ask an elementary question. It seems that those of you using nonstandard plugs have engines that are a bit beyond the normal, basic tuning regimen. Would those of us with nothing more than a chip see any appreciable differences in using some of the aforementioned plugs (A55V, NGK, etc)?

I've used only the X5DC and XR4CS.

Help that doesn't come from anyone on a high horse would be very welcomed.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Steve88M3; 06-14-2004, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    well, I use these plugs shown below and do not
    have cold startup problems (spring/summer).
    funny that people with xr2cs have problems.

there is a resistor version out in the USA at low
    price. anyone want to send me a couple
    sets? champion A55V. I forgot name of resistor
    version.

John

Leave a comment:

• Highrever
    replied
    I hate it when mommy and daddy fight..

seriously, just lock this thread, this is getting stupid, the useful spark plug info to let's listen to heresay from a non e30 owner do his best Ace Ventura impression and talk out of ass is about 1/4 to 3/4 ratio now. Obviously we have a board troll in our midst and arguing back just makes him giddy. This is still the best pure E30 M3 site on the net and it's being ruined cause we allow this nonsense to rile up our better members, I for one will just start ignoring people because Mags doesn't have a mean bone in his body to boot people for good, or at least till they get an E30 M3 so they can at LEAST talk from some experience.

Leave a comment:

• Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by TeamZ4
    sorry you feel that way, it's not intended and if you ever get the chance to meet me perhaps you'll be openminded enough to put the internet BS aside and judge me for who I really am rather than how you perceive me

Argh...

Look, you and I know darn well we'll most likely never meet so don't hide behind that humble wall of "I'm much nicer in person". From what I understand there is no appreciable difference anyway.

Your lack of consideration for others on this forum is the problem. You *should* care how you’re perceived. Just because our discussions are made over the internet does not mean they're BS or not worthy of taking the time to not be offensive.

Your comment about this being "internet BS" is a slap in the face to everybody here on S14.net and clearly says you couldn't care less about us and our little club. Do you still think I'm judging you wrong?

I have no control over you or your feelings.
    Sure you do. You don't think we just picked your name out of a hat do you? People are reacting to your comments, not the other way around. Remove the arrogant tone from your posts and you will not get the type of responses you're getting.

Being rude over the phone, on the net, or in person is the same thing. Why would it be any different? If our collective knowledge and experience brought together here "on the net" is BS to you then feel free to move on my friend.

Respectfully (well I try)
    Jake Larsen

Leave a comment:

• Emdrie
    replied

perhaps you can quit insinuating that he's close minded...

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    fwiw, I have no problem with you ADA///M, I prefer people who speak their minds upfront

however, given your incessant distaste for me I'm not confident about how objective you can be, the whole point was to take myself and Stan out of the equation so that it doesn't come down to whether someone is right or wrong but whether or not actually work in an S14 application

I have no "problem" with you or no hatred for you as a person....lets not ever let the internet get that far...its just the internet.

You like posting how you do...i like disagreeing with that usually...no big deal.

I can understand why im not a good canidate...but i had to try for some free plugs.

Have a day

Leave a comment:

• Stan
    replied
    >>>Just so you know Jake, my "stepping up to the plate" comment was only referring to myself offering to spend my own money for someone else to test the plugs independently.<<<

Please describe your proposed test, in detail. So far it sounds like you are proposing a sample size of....one.

Stan

Leave a comment:

• TeamM3
    replied
    fwiw, I have no problem with you ADA///M, I prefer people who speak their minds upfront

however, given your incessant distaste for me I'm not confident about how objective you can be, the whole point was to take myself and Stan out of the equation so that it doesn't come down to whether someone is right or wrong but whether or not actually work in an S14 application

I'd prefer someone who is using Denso's sucessfully, it was an assumption on my part that the Densoi iridium plugs work in the S14

and just to reiterate, this all started by me simply stating that IMO the NGK Iridium IX is a less expensive alternative to the Denso Iridium plug; nothing more, nothing less. It's just as tiring for me to have accusations made without basis of fact as well as people misinterpreting my comments and rather than give any benefit of doubt jump to the most misbegotten conclusion possible, but such is the internet.

Just so you know Jake, my "stepping up to the plate" comment was only referring to myself offering to spend my own money for someone else to test the plugs independently. I have no control over you or your feelings. If the members of this board want to turn every thread I post in into a personal uproar focusing on how they perceive me or my miscommunicated intentions then that's a choice they are consciously making on their own, but it doesn't have to be that way. It's not too late for any of us.
    Last edited by TeamM3; 06-14-2004, 01:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adwo
    replied

This is exactly your problem: you do not want to change the 'tone' of your posts, even after knowing it puts people off..

If you are a new kid on the block you have to adhere to the rules and regulations of the forum you are visiting..

I noticed your posts on the SIG are much more mundane and down to earth. So you really have it in you! :idea:

Adwo

Leave a comment:

• ADA///M
    replied
    You can send a set to me for testing if you'd like....i even live near Stan so he can view the results with me.

I know you are just dying to send me a free set of sprak plugs cause we get along so well :p

Leave a comment:

Working...
X