Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repairing rust condition, HELP!

Hello,

since I decided to remove all the items under the hood I only see bad things. But this is the worse:
    I found a nasty rust condition under the fuse case. The rust goes until the inside, driver's side.
    Some pics of it:

I will post some more high quality pics.

I would like to know, based in your experience, if I can cut the afected areas and weld new sheet or if I clean the rust and apply some epoxy or something like that.

Thanks

thanks I dont do the correct search descritption...
    Here are some HQ pics:

inside

the affected area is the sheet of the firewall, not the zone around the towers.

I think that the best is clean all surfaces and weld with some pieces of sheet for reinforcement, what do you think about?

:rolleyes:
    Last edited by jinkly; 03-23-2006, 03:08 AM.

Comment

I have a idea of what I'm going to do but I would like to know what kind of weld is better to do this job ?

Comment

That condition it notsa good. Have you had a close inspection around the rest of the car ???? maybe time to gut it, get those bad areas sand blasted and repainted...................... and $10K later !!!

Comment

I hate cancer! Cancer makes me feel sick unless I am absolutely positive it's contained to a small specific area. If you are not absolutely positive that your cancer is contained to a small specific area, put everything back together, sell your car to someone who isn't neurotically concerned about cancer and buy one of the many cars that has no cancer.

Comment

Eastwood Rust encapsulator

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...ORY&itemID=372

http://www.oftenlastracing.com/bmw2002.htm
            Photos

Comment

Working...
            X