No announcement yet.

My carpet is WET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI : BMW had a vehicle recall a number of years ago. Re: Coolant leaks into the passenger side car compartment. This recall re-plumbed the heater /coolant hoses at the firewall side in the engine bay at the area where the hoses are routed to the interior of this vehicle. Check w/ BMW using your VIN and see if this recall has been completed. Keep'n the wife happy is always a good thing.

:blues:
    It is best to have less thunder in voice and more lightning in hand.

Comment

Now water on passenger side.

Getting to know this car more this week then I had planned.
      I now have water on the passenger side floor. I came straight to this sight for some help and I discovered that the front hose from the firewall was plugged.
      Cleaning it out I noticed that there was what appeared to be a leaf in the drain hole, when I went to pull it out it was some type of insulation, I noticed that there was more of it, but did not pull it out in fear that it should be there, but do not know why as it appears to be blocking the water flow.
      I tried pouring water in the outside vent just below the window on the passenger side and nothing is coming out.
      Is there an easy way to remove this cover and clean it out?
      Can someone enlighten me if I should try and clean out the insulation?
      Thanks

Comment

Yes, clean out the insulation.
        The black plastic vent cover pops off. Use a screwdriver wrapped in a soft protective material to pop it up and prevent maring of the paint.

Clean out the tube as well.
        Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Cleaned it all out and water is now flowing freely out the drain and tube, thanks for the info.

Comment

awww.. this title is soooo misleading, LOL

j/k, bud glad you got that sorted out!
            sigpic
            Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just had a quick question; when pulling off the elephant trunk, am I supposed to pull it downwards or take out the whole L shape by pulling it towards the headlight..? I tried pulling down but it doesn't come out and I only broke part of the rubber..:(
              If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear. - Ayrton Senna

Comment

If you look at the pic in the previous page, that entire piece comes off. Pull down slightly AND pull out (towards the headlights).

Comment

The rubber ages and becomes brittle. You should have that replaced. Also, if you haven't done it, take out the vents next to the wiper arms. Last time I did it, I vacuumed out half a pine tree in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X