Evo 3 Front Bumper???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 3 Front Bumper???

hey guys I searched and didn't really find what I was looking for. My car was in a very minor accident and I need to replace the bumper cover. I want to put on the Evo 3 cover. Does it bolt right up or do I need a different carrier?

please sit down:
    That EVO3 cover costs at the dealer 900 Euro!!! only the cover
    Fits on your car....

Markus

http://www.bmwm3shop.de

Comment

I sell BMW parts, and can buy it a lot cheaper. I work at Maximillian Importing Co. So it does work? The reason I ask is because my cost on the Evo 3 cover is less than the US cover.

Comment

Originally posted by je328is
        I sell BMW parts, and can buy it a lot cheaper. I work at Maximillian Importing Co. So it does work? The reason I ask is because my cost on the Evo 3 cover is less than the US cover.
        I'm pretty sure it's the same part, except that is already has the holes in the bottom that allow you to attach the Evo III undertray (the venturi part).

So if you can get the E3 part cheaper, that would be the way to go in my opinion.

Gustave

Comment

It will bolt right to your car. You may have to modify the foam inserts inside the bumper. It will also have holes in the bottom for the EIII undertray. It will not include the EIII undertray, oil cover or splitter.

There is one in Germany brand new, I can get it to the US for $800 plus shipping.

Thanks,
          Mike K.
          US VIN 5001

Comment

Really!? What does this go for?

Don
            Don McAdams
            1988 E30 M3
            "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

well both bumper covers are f'ing expensive, US list is about $1200.00 and the Evo 2/3 are like $1000.00, I'm just trying to save where I can.

Comment

I know! The US cover just jumped up $400 in the last year alone! It is over $1200 for just the front cover alone!

Are you sure your cover is not repairable? I have repaired several that have been torn/ ripped w/out any problems. 3M makes excellent products for these types of repairs (just trying to give you a cheaper $$ option than buying new)-

Don
                Don McAdams
                1988 E30 M3

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

well both bumper covers are f'ing expensive, US list is about $1200.00 and the Evo 2/3 are like $1000.00, I'm just trying to save where I can.
                  Vladan makes a nice urethane one that duplicates the EVO2, there are some decent fiberglass ones on ebay for under $300. You'll need mounting brackets.
                  sigpic
                  2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
                  2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
                  2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
                  2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
                  2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Originally posted by D///M3
                    I know! The US cover just jumped up $400 in the last year alone! It is over $1200 for just the front cover alone!
                    Makes Turner's seem like a reasonable deal Turner Motorsport Carbon Fiber front E30 M3 Bumper
                    "E30 M3 . . . it's the perfect toy for an upscale closet wild man." Car and Driver, 1988 M3 Road Test

Comment

Originally posted by D///M3
                      I have repaired several that have been torn/ ripped w/out any problems. 3M makes excellent products for these types of repairs

Don
                      Don, what 3M products can you recommend for this? I have a tear in the underside of my stock bumper that needs fixing.

Comment

It looks like the Turner Carbon fiber front end also takes 18lbs off the very front of the M3. Not bad considering what M3 cover prices are these days.
                        Turbo S14-(Sold)

"....the BMW 4 cylinder turbocharged M13 engine reached nearly 1500bhp in qualifying trim!"

Comment

Originally posted by NickS
                          Don, what 3M products can you recommend for this? I have a tear in the underside of my stock bumper that needs fixing.
                          Nick-
                          3M's AutoMix line is excellent. Only catch is you need the applicator gun (like a caulk gun) to dispense it as it is a 2 part epoxy that squeezes both products out at once. The 2 part tube of epoxy is anywhere from $25-$45. It does work excellent though- Make sure you reinforce the backside of the repair w/ mesh as this will give it better structure- I posted a pic so you could kind get the idea of what everything looks like (the app. gun, mesh, automix, etc....)- The Automix comes in all different levels of applications- Some have "kick" times of under a minute (really need to work with it quick!) - to others of 20 minute kick times- After the repair, you should ideally let it sit overnight in order for it to cure properly. Then you can start sanding on it & doing you bodywork, etc.... Just make sure you really rough up the area for the repair- I usually use 80/ 36 grit- so this has something to bite to, if not it will peel right off.....

Hope this helps~

Don
                          Don McAdams
                          1988 E30 M3

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

I bought two new bumper covers from Max's less than two years ago. They were both euro spec bumpers with no side markers, and the total was less than $1600 for both! Too bad the prices jumped so much, that's a bummer

Comment

Working...
                            X