LTW splitter on E30 M3..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTW splitter on E30 M3..

Here is a German E30 M3 with a factory E36 M3 LTW front splitter. This tray fully extended creates about triple the downforce that the Evo III splitter makes all the way out. And it looks freakin sweet.

Now, this is around $1200 from the factory, but CDOC in Virginia is going to be creating Carbon Fiber versions coming thie fall. Along with the bumpers, hood, and decklid from my car.

I'm not sure on pricing yet, but it will certainly be less!

So who likes it?
    Alex McHenry

where do I sign?

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
    they are not idiots.

Comment

also, how did he git it to fit so nicely? are the bumpers between the two cars that close dimensionally?

also will the CF one be adjustable?

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
      they are not idiots.

Comment

I like the e3 one better...

ADA///M

Comment

What's with using E36 parts on E30's?? I'm just messing around. It doesn't look bad. Looks like he did a great job but I'd rather use the E3 style splitter.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
          85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
          91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

Actually, I think that looks really good! I still find the EVOIII one's sexy and their cool cause their made for the car, but those are tight. What is that trim piece that goes between the E36 M3 LTW spoiler?? Do you know if it comes with the LTW kit? I may be interested.
            Last edited by SeattleE30///M3; 06-20-2003, 09:37 AM.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
            97 Porsche Carrera S
            13 Audi S6
            SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
            GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

You can get the Lips here

bekkers

elefantsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by S14E30
                You can get the Lips here

bekkers
                Actually, I think those are made for the e36, not the e30.

"Unlike the latter day E36 and E46 M3's, the
                original E30 M3s main purpose in life was to
                win races on the track, not the street. It
                got the job done."

Comment

it looks good, but fully extended..there is Zero lift with the Evo3 Splitter, so this really isnt needed. its different, and looks good. just not needed imo, and it doesnt look as clean as the Evo3.

Comment

Originally posted by S14Bandit
                    it looks good, but fully extended..there is Zero lift with the Evo3 Splitter, so this really isnt needed. its different, and looks good. just not needed imo, and it doesnt look as clean as the Evo3.
                    Zero lift is solid, but why run zero when you can run positive downforce? (or negative lift, whatever you wanna call it)

Anyway, clearly this provides a huge aerodynamic advantage for racers, which is the point of these parts being made, but they it also is a different route for street tuners to take. Three times the downforce the E3 splitter creates is certainly substatial, and for those running larger rear wings (DTM flaps, E36 LTW's, or double-deck aftermarket wings) this setup would improve front-end stick and balance out the rear. More downforce up front = less understeer.

Of course the E3 is legendary, but for me i love having options for visually modifying my E30 M3. Evo parts look great, but being different is always fun, and i think the LTW splitter looks incredible! And yes it will be adjustable!
                    Alex McHenry

Comment

having the option there is great, the extra downforce over the evo3 splitter is great too, but only if paired with a dtm rear flap. it is a killer combo. the evo3 splitter looks classier imo and is a great mod in combo with an evo3 flap.

Comment

It looks cool once. Be unique.

Comment

Originally posted by S14Bandit
                          having the option there is great, the extra downforce over the evo3 splitter is great too, but only if paired with a dtm rear flap. it is a killer combo.

I would imagine the increased front-end stick without the rear would be desirable at certain venues though. also, when dialed in you'd still be making as much d/f as the E3 all the way out, or close to.
                          Alex McHenry

Comment

Is it adj with the center of it like that? It seems that it is one setting only.

T

Comment

Yes it is adjustable.. the entire tray is removeable just like the E3 setup. The center is raised to create a venturi..

It is either 3 or 4 position adjustable, not sure. CDOC maybe modify this mounting system to allow more positions or possibly a slide-adjustment for infinite positioning.
                              Alex McHenry

Comment

Working...
                              X