• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVO III E3 front splitter lip install

Here's how it went.

1) First I removed the bumper.

2) Drilled the holes in the under tray.

3) Lined up the under tray to the bumper. I wasn't sure where or how to line it up. So I just lined it up on the edges of the sides.

4) then marked where I wanted to drill into the bumper. you will need a 1/2" drill bit.
    here is a pic of the hardware

The rubber piece goes into the bumper like a plug. It has a nut in it. Then the screw and washer are bolted to it holding the lip and under tray to the bumper. You may also want to get some loneger screws, since some were hard to catch on the nut due to the length.

finished product.

I thought I was going to need some help, but it can be a one man job.
    hope this helps someone in the future.

elefantsupply.com

Cool !!

Comment

Looks great! Thanks for the write-up too.

Did you get a good deal on the piece up against the bumper?
      Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Nice job Harlan & good write-up

Don
        Don McAdams
        1988 E30 M3
        "E30 M3 Owner & Enthusiast"

www.McAdamsAutoSport.com

Comment

couple more things, If you are going with an after market splitter, I would test fit it on the undertray before drilling into your bumper. My CF splitter had pre-drilled holes and needed some adjustments to get it lined up.

Anders, you can say that I got a good deal on it. I'm sure Mr. McAdams can hook you up.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

looks great

Comment

That looks ugly :p. It looks like you need to repaint/change your grills (they're turning white), fading effect :evil:

-Adrian
              I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Hey buddy! I don't know you, but your rims are ugly! Ada//m'S look better. and

I'M WORKING ON IT!
                Last edited by S14E30; 12-05-2005, 08:40 AM.

elefantsupply.com

Comment

nice!

Comment

I have a brand new factory evo 3 splitter I'm trying to install. it came with a baggy of screws washers and plugs. The PO bought all these parts but never put it on. There doesn't seem to be the right amount of any of the parts to install this so I need to go to the dealer and pick up a lot more screws and what not to mount it. My problem is the diagram that you can find on realoem.com is not clear at all. Specifically I don't know what set of parts I need to mount it to the front bumper itself. and then what parts mount the splitter to undertray part. also it seems there are two setting the little rectangle opening can be set to. but neither one is totally closed. do people even mount that part, and if so what holds it up and what position?

If there was a good diagram of what parts went were (other then the realoem one) that would help a lot.
                    ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook Fan Page - Twitter

Comment

This may help http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/spl..._splitter.html
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Is it possible to buy just the piece that goes against the bumper? I want to get that from BMW, but mate it to an aftermarket CF splitter. Where can I buy just the middle piece? Don?
                        "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Yes, Don can hook you up...

Originally posted by AlpineRunner
                          Is it possible to buy just the piece that goes against the bumper? I want to get that from BMW, but mate it to an aftermarket CF splitter. Where can I buy just the middle piece? Don?
                          88M3 henna

73T100C
                          97 540\6-Gone
                          2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

I notice a lot of people adding the splitter but not sealing the engine bay with evo seals around bonnet, lights and grille. Any spesific reason for this ?

Comment

Most people feel they are essentially cosmetic with minor/negliable performance gains. For a set of seals and grills you could get a Sport Evo airbox bottom end and a new filter.

But what do I know, BMW thought it was worth doing...

Ash

Sold...

Comment

Working...
                              X