Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fog light blank out plates, like EVO tow hook covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog light blank out plates, like EVO tow hook covers?

Group, just looking for ideas to cover my brake ducts that are mounted behind the fog light holes.

Right now I am using the ghetto style black racer's tape to keep them covered.

I would leave them open but the ducts overcool the brakes for street driving and on chilly days.

Ideally I would like to be able to pop them off at the track and snap them back in for the street.

Any suggestions? Looking for something Nice/flush OEM looking.

do you keep the hoses hooked up all the time?
    James
    sigpic

Comment

I don't know about obtaining a silver or gray colour, but If you have a circle track vendor near you, you could use their plastic spoiler material.
      It could be cut slightly oversize and a couple of pieces of scotch
      "Reclosable fasters Dual Lock" heay grip velcro to keep them on the car.
      m

Comment

Yeah, hoses are routed through the spash pan so they stay hooked up all the time.

I will be making something to fit, I will try some plastic scrap from my local plastics dealer and see what I can come up with.....

I will post my results.

Comment

How about looking for or ordering some carbon fiber blank panels and then just cutting them to your needs? I think you can use that hole for the fog light attachment to able to use a screw or some kind of pin to hold them in. How thick of a material do you need? How soon do you want these? If you're interested I can fabricate a carbon fiber panel for you and you can just cut it yourself. Shoot me a PM.
          Rey
          "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against

Comment

Try locating a pair of Non-M e30 European pre-88 front valance foglight blanks.

Phew, thats a mouthfull! They might be the correct size that you could find a way to make them snap in.

HTH,
            CL
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Hey guys......I'm intrigued........why are the brake ducts a problem (street, cold days) ? My SE ones are operative and don't present problems.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarcab0
                Hey guys......I'm intrigued........why are the brake ducts a problem (street, cold days) ? My SE ones are operative and don't present problems.
                The OE ones are much less effective. Many guys run ducting straight into the center of the brake rotor and out through the vanes...
                Anders

"Objects in mirror are losing..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
                  The OE ones are much less effective. Many guys run ducting straight into the center of the brake rotor and out through the vanes...
                  What do you mean Anders........are you saying that my factory set-up is different ? ( BTW......you survived the drive back for church :hee: ).

Comment

yes, the sport evo setup dumps the air into the wheel well. many of us have removed the stock rotor backing plates and installed ones ones that allow 3" hose to be attached; air is routed from the bumper all the way to the the center of the rotor inside a hose.

i have couplers installed in my fender liners, allowing me to disconnect the section of hose from the liner to the backing plate when returning to street duty.
                    James
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jht3
                      yes, the sport evo setup dumps the air into the wheel well. many of us have removed the stock rotor backing plates and installed ones ones that allow 3" hose to be attached; air is routed from the bumper all the way to the the center of the rotor inside a hose.

i have couplers installed in my fender liners, allowing me to disconnect the section of hose from the liner to the backing plate when returning to street duty.
                      Thanks James, now I'm with it.

Comment

Rain is a big problem with ducts too. If you don't have some sort of cover then you are just dumping rain through a hose straight onto the rotor.
                        "Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're ALIVE or that you really LIVE...." - Rise Against
                        Nice quote
                        1986 Mercedes 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNJ-qVPBkU

Comment

Originally posted by project86
                          Rain is a big problem with ducts too. If you don't have some sort of cover then you are just dumping rain through a hose straight onto the rotor.
                          Nice quote
                          Nah Seb.......don't worry about that mate........hehehe........that's called water cooling :cool:

Comment

Sorry seb........sorted the inbox.........try again.

Comment

I am digging the idea of cover plates. Hell, I may just throw out my fogs if someone comes up with a good suggestion on covering the holes up. It would be cool to have a smooth OEM bumper.

I think making a mold and plugs out of fiberglass would be an easy way to make some covers. I wish I had the time to try this out....

Comment

Working...
                              X