• Show
Clear All

• Ratinoff
    replied
    Was this install ever finished?

Leave a comment:

• Twy23
    replied
    Thanks guys. Magnus, good point on using the large washers. I should receive my e2 spoiler on Monday and do a "test" fit before it gets painted. I'll let you guys know how I make out.
    John, as you can see, I am just getting around to installing everything(e3 wing w/cf flap & e3 splitter)--one year later. Once again, thanks for the input----Ron
    BTW, I'm located in north west NJ(off of rt. 80) if anyone is local and would like to share his expertise on this subject.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3power
    replied
    Originally posted by Magnus
    Use the largest washers you can find to spread the load.

.02¢
    Good point hombre...

This is extremely important because of the force that presses down on that splitter. If you dont have big washers you will have what i would call bumps (cant think of anything else to call it) on the splitter.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    Use the largest washers you can find to spread the load.

.02¢

Leave a comment:

• JEDM3
    replied
    Ron,
    Lay the splitter on the bottom of the front cover/e2 spoiler assembly. Mark the predrilled holes. Be careful that you don't drill any that are close to the front of the front cover( I recall there being a few) Then drill the holes out and install using bolt/nyloc nut and fender washers.
    Regards,
    John

Leave a comment:

• e30m3power
    replied
    i did it. I just chose how far out i wanted it to stick and drilled the holes. Nothing special from me.

i think that they didnt make it that way back then because they weren't allowed to have the front spoilers to stick out past the front bumper. (for racing applications of course)

good luck

Leave a comment:

• UweM3
    replied
    I only have one instruction. Please DON'T do it.
    The car never came with this combination from the factory.
    But I am not the owner and you can do whatever you fancy
    (just don't like the 'EVO5' look..)

Leave a comment:

• instructions on installing evo3 splitter to oem evo2 chin spoiler

does anyone have details on hardware and a preferred way to install an evo3 splitter to the evo2 chin spoiler
Working...
X