OEM vs. Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber CF - evo wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM vs. Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber CF - evo wing

I want to get some opinions about what other people prefer whether getting an OEM or fiberglass/carbon fiber Evo 3 wing. I think this may be silly to ask but I want to see what happens. The thing i'm worried about is $$$, and buying an OEM wing is going to cost a lot of it, but is it worth it?

And I found a company named MaShaw that makes Evo 3 wings either out of fiberglass composite ($550) & CF($650), including flap that only comes in CF. and thats about half the price of an original OEM wing. I just want to get some thoughts on what you guys have on your mind whether what you guys would prefer getting.

I know the OEM may be more heavier and durable than fiberglass, but I don't know if an entire CF wing+flap will look good since i don't have CF at all on my m3.

Heres there website if this helps, click on 'bmw catalog download': http://www.mashaw.com/html/product_info_BMW.html

all comments are welcome:cheer2: .

I have been very happy with my MaShaw fiberglass evo3 wing. The fit is great and is much lighter than the stock wing.

- gabor
    October 1987 build date.

Comment

Many of us have the MA Shaw rear wing. It is waaaaay lighter than the OEM part. The finish is very high, even though not as nice as the wing from Competition Concept. But the 50% price difference will make you opt for the MA Shaw part.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
      1989 M3 racecar
      e39 Touring

Comment

You really can't go wrong with the MaShaw CF wing and flap. For the price, no other company can come close. What you can do is paint the body of the spoiler the color of your car, and just clearcoat the CF flap. This is what most people do because having everything CF is a little too much. I know that Ogi on the forums has done that. Once I get a little more time, I'll be the same.

Comment

I love mine - WAAAAY lighter

Comment

Originally posted by chutrain View Post
            You really can't go wrong with the MaShaw CF wing and flap. For the price, no other company can come close. What you can do is paint the body of the spoiler the color of your car, and just clearcoat the CF flap. This is what most people do because having everything CF is a little too much. I know that Ogi on the forums has done that. Once I get a little more time, I'll be the same.
            Any idea how durable / tough / strong the MA Shaw fiberglass wing is?

The CF version is very nice and all, but SUPER expensive....
            -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

You wouldn't call $650 super expensive, especially that the closest competitor is $500 more.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
              1989 M3 racecar
              e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                You wouldn't call $650 super expensive, especially that the closest competitor is $500 more.
                That's a relative term, and our definitions may differ.

I want to know how strong the fiberglass version is, thanks.
                -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

"relative" to the rest of the market place it is VERY good bang for the buck......or just learn to lay/form CF and help us all out

Comment

Originally posted by Redbeard View Post
                    "relative" to the rest of the market place it is VERY good bang for the buck......or just learn to lay/form CF and help us all out
                    What the fuck are we arguing about? Can't anyone just answer the g'damn question?
                    -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Everyone can have their own opinion about certain products. If you want a real answer, you might as well do a search into the archives because this topic has been discussed before. I asked about the E3 wing/flap and got great responses from people and some great pictures.

IMO I would go for the CF as it is only $100 more and looks much better when the wing is painted and the flap clearcoated. I'm a college student so I know how difficult it is sometimes to spend so much money. Definitely worth it in the end.

Comment

thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it!

Comment

Hi Auri..I have the cf e3 wing with flap from MaShaw, the quality is very good for the money. durability is pretty good aswel since it's all cf, and the fitting...I had to make a little adjustment on the holes but no biggy, very minor. and I prefit the wing before I got it painted. over all I'm very happy with it. just watch your jaw when you pop your trunk.:ha: it comes off superfast.:decon1: :decon1:
                          I have some pics on the members gallery. good luck.
                          Ogi
                          :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

i forgot to mentioned..the bolt is already attached to the wing with nut. but the thickness or gauge of the bolt is not as heavy duty like the original.
                            hope this helps. Ogi
                            :burn:RED DRAGON

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                              Many of us have the MA Shaw rear wing. It is waaaaay lighter than the OEM part. The finish is very high, even though not as nice as the wing from Competition Concept. But the 50% price difference will make you opt for the MA Shaw part.
                              I just want to point out that our wing is a DTM part as apposed to the Shaw evo part.

Comment

Working...
                              X