No announcement yet.

Another EVO 3 rear Wing Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just obtained an E3 wing w/ a carbon gurney flap but the flap has no holes... Did you guys drill yours & insert sleeves? Any pics or help would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't seen Vladan since he sold his shop a couple years ago but his work was impecable but I got the flap and he never made anymore wings :(
    Rich!

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
      I just obtained an E3 wing w/ a carbon gurney flap but the flap has no holes... Did you guys drill yours & insert sleeves? Any pics or help would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't seen Vladan since he sold his shop a couple years ago but his work was impecable but I got the flap and he never made anymore wings :(
      I have FG gurney flap. And they are all pre-drilled. To my understanding, the CF should also be pre-drilled...altho I have not seen one live....but it should just make sense to have them pre-drilled.
      Lawrence

BMW CCA San Diego Chapter #192742
      '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen
      '09 540i Touring 6 Spd - Son's DD
      '03 530i 5 Spd - SO's DD
      '03 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - My DD & Range truck
      '05 330i ZHP 6 Spd - Alternate DD
      '15 Honda Pilot - Daughter's & Grandkids Hauler

Comment

where/who did you get it from?
        The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Id be happy to drill it for you but our flap has oval recesses around the holes for elongated 2 hole washers. Our fixture is designed to key off these recesses.
          If you are able to borrow a predrilled part it should be fairly easy to make a template.

Good luck!

Comment

I recently got a cf flap from Markus with no holes and just overlayed the old flap and basically copied the holes.
            Webb
            1988 Diamantschwarz
            2004 Jet Black

Comment

Originally posted by whayes View Post
              I recently got a cf flap from Markus with no holes and just overlayed the old flap and basically copied the holes.

Wow...Markus' cf flap aren't pre-drilled? i thought that he would have sent it drilled.
              The E30 M3 Renewed ~ Rebuilt ~ Re-engineered

www.ZeppieriMotorsport.com

E30 M3 Rebuild Thread

Comment

Yeah I just picked one up from markus and it wasn't pre-drilled either! anyone know how to drill insert sleeves??

Comment

I would be pretty pissed if I had purchased one of those flaps and it came undrilled. I think it is safe to say that one would expect it to be pre-drilled. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I suspect that the main reason for supplying undrilled rear flaps is that people will use them a wide variety of OEM nd aftermarket/repro main wings. None of them probably has the same bolt locations. Therefore, by leaving the flaps blank, it allows more people to use them a more rear wings. Just my 02 cents. :craze:

Lee

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                    1989 M3 racecar
                    e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                      I suspect that the main reason for supplying undrilled rear flaps is that people will use them a wide variety of OEM nd aftermarket/repro main wings. None of them probably has the same bolt locations. Therefore, by leaving the flaps blank, it allows more people to use them a more rear wings. Just my 02 cents. :craze:

Lee
                      excellent point Lee!

Also at first I was disappointed when my CF flap from Markus was undrilled, but I soon realized how it was actually better because it allowed we to perfectly customize the position of my wing. The CF flap I got from Markus was near perfect in fit and finish, especially for being CF! The Flap is also about an inch or so higher, so some people may want the wing to sit higher than OEM Sport EVO and others will benefit from the extra overhang covering the inserts on the underside from a visual perspective.

Don't fear having to drill your own holes, it will give you a sense of accomplishment.. :fishin:
                      sigpic
                      Click here to see the evolution of my E30 M3 Recent Pics My E30 M3 is sold but not forgotten:cry:

Comment

what they said^^^^^ agreed

Comment

Working...
                        X