CF/FG Hoods, Bumpers (F&R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF/FG Hoods, Bumpers (F&R)

I'm looking for sources for Fiberglass/Carbon Fiber hoods and Fiberglass front and rear bumpers.

I DO NOT want exposed CF "show car" weave with lots of gelcoat. I am looking for FG hoods with CF reinforcements.

A FG front bumper, similar to the Vladen unit.. smooth with molded E2 lip. Texture lines (for bumper tape) and Turn signals arent necessary, But I will consider them.

Rear FG bumper cover. Looks exactly like stock, just much lighter.

I know of:
    MA Shaw
    Vladen
    Fiberartz

Who else makes these pieces? Must be located in the USA!
    Does anyone have websites for the above companies?

I know this topic has been hashed before, but those all seemed to focus on Gelcoated CF hoods.

TIA!
    Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Fiberartz....he can do exactly what you are looking for. He does pretty damn good FG work...hes just slow sometimes.

Comment

Yes, we already order from him. I'm looking for other companies incase we need one on very short notice.
      Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Dr Car in California makes front bumpers.

www.drcar.com

Last edited by LeeVuong; 01-11-2005, 03:32 AM.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
        1989 M3 racecar
        e39 Touring

Comment

Dr. Car = Vladen i believe

Comment

Originally posted by ADA///M
            Dr. Car = Vladen i believe
            Correct. Molded paintable urethane not FG. Very good rendition of stock with EVO spoiler as one piece.
            sigpic
            2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
            2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
            2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
            2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
            2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Do folks that have replaced their hoods with CF or fiberglass use the stock hood mechanism and shock? Or, are pins required?

Comment

i have a ma shaw hood and use all the stock hardware minus the spring fit is good and its the stiffest hood in its weight class ive ever seen on a e30

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Originally posted by vodomagoo
                  i have a ma shaw hood and use all the stock hardware minus the spring fit is good and its the stiffest hood in its weight class ive ever seen on a e30
                  Do you need a prop rod to keep it open?

Comment

orginaly i used the stock shock system he molded the stock mount location in. i now use a prop rod soon to use hood pins, reason being id rather have them at the track

Shes sold now :(

Comment

anybody know of a lightweight stock-type (no Evo lip) front bumpercover?
                      A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

Originally posted by TeamM3
                        anybody know of a lightweight stock-type (no Evo lip) front bumpercover?
                        Hey Mark,
                        If you are looking for a good "accurate" US made FG or CF bumper you may be waiting a while.

This has been discussed on sevral threads here and on the SIG previously.

To my knowledge,,, no one in the US is making a good dead nuts composite M3 front bumper.

Fiberartz has one thats close,,, but its not dead on.

Everyone takes liberties with them, between the tape strip line, the brake duct holes, the oil cooler opening...
                        To me,,, I have yet to see a really good US made bumper. Some Ok ones,,, but they to me all seem to require some asthetic compromises.

HTH
                        jimmy
                        jimmy p.
                        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
                        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
                        92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
                        98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
                        04 Ford F350 - V10

Comment

how about outside the US and with out an Evo 2 lip? The Fiberartz bumper has the Evo2 spoiler lip built in, that's just cutting down on my cone clearance. I thought the Swizley(M-Power.de)/Cz guys had one but I don't ever see it advertised anymore. The only other one I know of is the CF one on e30shop.de and even it has built in brake ducts at the foglight openings so it's not entirely OE in appearance.
                          Last edited by TeamM3; 01-17-2005, 04:06 AM.
                          A friend will come bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "Dude, that was focking awesome!"

Comment

It is an option

However, it would be cf out with fg inner. very light and oem replica. Cost is an issue due to size and shipping. Would be looking at around $900usd for front cover inner and out oem. Based on discussion I had, not worth it due to availability of other options.:sosad:
                            88M3 henna

73T100C
                            97 540\6-Gone
                            2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

talk about 6th sense, I sent you a PM while you were typing that :p

actually, if it's OE duplicate I could be very interested even at that price

edit: extremely interested
                              Last edited by TeamM3; 01-17-2005, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X