Need Advice: Anti roll bar and rear strut??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ottoman
    Registered
    • 14, 1, 2004

Need Advice: Anti roll bar and rear strut??

I'm thinking about upgrading the anit-roll bars on the m3 and would like some feedback on which brand to get:

Racing Dynamic
    Eibach
    IE
    others?

my current suspension set up is the HR/Bilstein combo with a sparco front strut

I am also contemplating on getting a rear strut bar and would also like some advice on what to get.

The car currently has no camber correction kits/sway bar reinforcements and so on so any help is appreciated.

I am looking to keep this car as streetable as possible with some track/Driving school/auto cross events....nothing to crazy but still able to enjoy the car for what it is.

Thanks in advance.
    Otto
    www.0770.ca
    ~ Sad to let the Zinno go, but it went to a good home ~
  • ct_m3
    Registered
    • 23, 12, 2002

Before you upgrade sway bars you definitely want to reinforce the pickup points in the front and rear. If you dont do it now you will be doing it later with more of a pain because you have to repair it too.
    Charley Terhune
    89 Zinno M3- stock 90k miles
    89 Zinno M3- 2.5 etc. etc.

Comment

• Ottoman
      Registered
      • 14, 1, 2004

Just upgraded the sway bars with a Suspension Technique setup and did the recommended reinforcements.

Car still has no camber correction kits and no rear-sway bar.

What else should be done to the car suspension wise?
      Hoping to figure all the suspension issues this year and focus on other parts (brakes etc.) next year.

Thanks!
      O
      www.0770.ca

Comment

• m3pat2
        S14 Tweaker
        • 4, 1, 2005

At a minimum to dial out the understeer, I would install the factory crash strut tower mounts on the front. (.5 deg neg camber). $95 each.

The car will have very even tire wear and will be very streetable.
        Only thing is the stock dust covers will not fit.

For a more agressive setup wait until ground control releases their camber plates for the factory suspension. Currently you have to go with race springs to use their camber plates.
        Pat

Comment

• ydubbs4
          UNHCLL Disciple
          • 6, 6, 2003

You could always run the RRT fixed camber plates. I used to run them with the same H&R/Billie Sport setup and was happy with it when I had it on there.

Will
          Increasing the value of E30 M3's everywhere - one shunt at a time.

Comment

• Ottoman
            Registered
            • 14, 1, 2004

just read my post...i meant still no rear strut bar...oops; any recommendations

I did a search and found ppl to recommend the SBI one? went on their website and didn't see it in their products section?

any other recommendations for a rear-strut?

I will look into the factory crash strut mounts but am not sure what RRT stands for?

Any benefits or good things to day about KMAC adjustables? I see a lot of vendors selling them (turner, bavauto etc...)

Thanks again!
            Otto
            www.0770.ca

Comment

• Mick
              -
              • 19, 6, 2003

Otto, Don't worry about a rear strut bar. Concentrate on getting your suspension and brakes sorted first.

Comment

• Ottoman
                Registered
                • 14, 1, 2004

Hi Mick,
                So what else should I be looking at? So far:

H&R/Bilstein Combo
                Sparco Front Strut
                Front and Rear Subframe reinforcments
                Front and Rear Swaybar reinforcements
                Suspension Techniques Sway bars

So from the posts thus far...
                Camber correction plates and I should be done?

With respect to brakes...
                From what i've read so far there is not much for me to do since my power output is still coming from a 2.3 with the main bolt ons (header, chip etc)?

SS brakes lines
                Upgrade brake fluid
                Good set of pads?
                Stock rotors do the job fine?

Is this the way to go?

otto
                www.0770.ca

Comment

• AlpineRunner
                  • 6, 9, 2003

SBI does make the best rear strut bar IMO...BUT I rear sway par does almost nothing unless you have true coilovers in the rear. This is because the shock does not take any of the cornering load, that is all in the spring and trailing arm. The strut only had a vertical force...so get the M coupe reinforcement plates that keep the bolts from ripping through the sheet metal.

In regard to suspension, you will have a pretty solid setup for the street and DE once you get the camber plates. The only other thing I can think of is stiffer bushings. HTH
                  "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Working...
                  X