Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Master Cylinder woes - others experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder woes - others experiences

Guys,

I think I have a failing master cylinder.

I would like to hear other owners symptons of a failing master cylinder - just a couple of lines will do, like: pedal sinks to floor, pedal goes straight to the floor, brakes are grabbing then going soft etc etc.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Roops

Roops this happened to me but when travelling on motorway at 70 when pressing the brake there was no response for less than a second and then the brakes bit. The pedal movement was a very little when this happened. When they failed the pedal went straight to the floor pumped and pumped and after about 5 seconds started to work again. The slave and master were replaced. I would recommend it get done asap as it went on me in slow traffic as well and luckily there was a road to the left i could swerve into.
    Toby

E30 87 - S14 Turbo
    E34 90 - M5

New BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

sigpic

Comment

I was told that I needed a new master cylinder on my old red M3 , but was never convinced that I did. The car did seem to have more rear brake that front at the time. But it didn't seem to feel any better really to me with the new one,.
      I've still got it if your interested or want to swap it over and see how it feels. It was a brand new OE BMW part, unless your going to up grade to the 25 MM type. It must be only 3 years old max.
      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Martin, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on it. I want to explore the 25mm upgrade, but need to check the fittings as mine is a bit different from stock as it now has the bias control.

Thanks

Roops

Comment

Working...
        X