H&r Race Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&r Race Springs

ANYBODY HERE USING THESE SPRINGS? STREETABLE? I DON'T DRIVE THE CAR EVERYDAY. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED! TIA

THANKS FOR RESPONDING, ROB! BTW, HOW'S YOUR CAMBER WHEN YOU HAD THOSE SPRINGS? DID IT WEAR-OUT THE TIRES FAST?

Comment

I have them and I love them. Perfect for street/track and with a nice drop except there's no ride height adjustability and they're pricey.

88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/M TECH
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/SCHWARZ
      85 323I S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZ
      91 M TECHNIC TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH

Comment

get HnR gruppe G springs if you can... they are very stiff, but ride height is very nice and it handles VERY well.... if you get either the race spring or the gruppeG springs, i would HIGHLY recommend that you get the TMS J-stock shocks as they are designed to be used with a performance spring.
        ted
        1990 e30 m3

Comment

The H&R Race springs are really quite streetable for relatively smooth suburban streets. If you're living somewhere the roads are especially bad they might not be ideal. They don't drop the car a tremendous amount. Here is a pic from when I was using them, I've since moved on to a more track friendly setup.

/// M3NTAL Kev

Comment

how do the H&R race compare to the Turner J-Stock springs???
            I miss my ///M3

Comment

they lower about the same... if you are looking for springs that lower your car a substantial amount from stock, you won't find them unless you go H&R Gruppe G... contact motorsport imports, they have them. These springs will seriously lower your car. But... either way you go you NEED to get the TMS j-stock shocks. these shocks are physically shorter, and valved for the very aggressive spring rates. I searched forever trying to find a spring setup that would actually lower the car noticeably... after everything i've been through, i think coilovers are un-questionably the way to go as far as your suspension setup. Ground Control has a very nice setup, but H&R from what i've heard is a very nice setup also... HTH
              ted
              1990 e30 m3

Comment

Anyone running H&R Race / IE Stage 3's in the Northeast?

I'm possibly moving up to Long Island, NY - looking at a set of springs for my M3, to go w/ the brand new short top-adj Koni's I have already.

How streetable is this setup, in the area?

Thanks!
                -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Originally posted by UofOm3 View Post
                  they lower about the same... if you are looking for springs that lower your car a substantial amount from stock, you won't find them unless you go H&R Gruppe G... contact motorsport imports, they have them. These springs will seriously lower your car. But... either way you go you NEED to get the TMS j-stock shocks. these shocks are physically shorter, and valved for the very aggressive spring rates. I searched forever trying to find a spring setup that would actually lower the car noticeably... after everything i've been through, i think coilovers are un-questionably the way to go as far as your suspension setup. Ground Control has a very nice setup, but H&R from what i've heard is a very nice setup also... HTH
                  ted
                  I disagree; the H&R Race work great with Bilstein Sports. I did ~50 track days and 20,000 street miles with this setup, and was very happy. A nice combination of track responsiveness and street comfort. I'd agree with Kevin's assessment of their streetability: great for relatively smooth streets, might be a bit harsh on really bad surfaces.

The H&R Race lower the car about 1.5 inches from stock, and it's a noticeable drop. I don't think you'd want to go much lower on a street-driven car.

The TMS J-stock shocks are great, but would make for a punishing ride on the street.
                  Last edited by dreeves; 04-02-2007, 02:16 AM.
                  Seattle, WA
                  currently:
                  1988 M3 ex j-stock
                  1984 911 RoW 3.2
                  http://cars.g93.net

Comment

I've ran H&R Race springs w/Bilstein sports for about 6 years now and they're great for the street. I used to run Eibach springs and hardly noticed a difference. i was very disappointed with the drop. So I went with H&R Race springs which gave it a nice drop except not enough rake so the front looks too high compared to the rear. I just removed the 1/2" thick upper spring pads yesterday and the front end now sits perfect! I love it! it makes a big difference.

Comment

Barry,
                      What did you replace the 1/2" spring pad with? No pad? TIA
                      Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
                      Born date 01/88
                      Ryan

Comment

I'm running without the spring pads. BMW sells thinner ones though if you must have them. I'm thinking about maybe getting the offset strut bearing mounts and deeper spring hats.

Comment

edwin, i am running hr race/bilstein sports very nice street set up. i have urethane bushings all around and the ride quality is still smooth like butta.

barry, is there more noise/squeaking from the front end when you removed the spring pads?

Comment

none that I have noticed. BTW, the spring pads I had on my car were very thick...at least 1/2". The car now looks perfect without them.
                            Last edited by Reelizmpro; 04-02-2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelizmpro View Post
                              I'm running without the spring pads. BMW sells thinner ones though if you must have them. I'm thinking about maybe getting the offset strut bearing mounts and deeper spring hats.

Where can you get those deeper spring hats?

Comment

Working...
                              X