E30 M3 without sunroof??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 M3 without sunroof??

This E30 M3 clearly does not have a sunroof, but i was always under the impression that only GrpA race chassis' did not have sunroofs. I guess its possible he welded it shut and blended it, but i was thinking maybe the Euro ones were available without it.. anybody know?

Alex McHenry

The USA specification E30 M3s came "loaded" - things like electric windows, sunroof, leather, AC and so forth came on all cars. But the Euro cars could be purchased without this stuff and so are lighter. I think I recall reading that the sunnroof, motor and associated roof drawer add around 25-30 pounds of weight. And high up! The SR also cuts rigidity and hard driven M3s can get a dimple in front of the sunroof aperture.

Stan

Comment

I 've see a few very sparce M3's with non electric windows and sunroof amd that's it, there where no other options on the car.
      I've been in an Evo II without a sunroof too. I've seen a few of theses to.
      I believe that the sunroof was an option or that you could have it deleted.

But you could defintely get a road chassis without a sunroof over here.
      "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

It was possible to order the cars with or without sunroof, AC and electrit gadgets her in Europe.

Know one who order his Sport Evo without all this bits, installed a Grp.N-chassis and a Recaroseat along with Yokohama 008 RS first thing when he got the car.

It was to heavy with all "extras" he thought.
        Then he went of to Nürburgring and won the BMW Fahrerschool.
        300 cars/drivers, including Schnitzers testdrivers, got beaten!!!

Comment

Nice question..Great info..I stole the picture

Rob

Comment

Hi Andreas.

Is the name of your friend Thomas Pahv from Sweden? He told me he visited the nurburgring many times and i think he was the fastest guy there. I buyed his sport evo a few years ago, it has no sunroof :-)

Comment

Originally posted by evo3
              Hi Andreas.

Is the name of your friend Thomas Pahv from Sweden? He told me he visited the nurburgring many times and i think he was the fastest guy there. I buyed his sport evo a few years ago, it has no sunroof :-)
              Haha! Spot on! I dont know him that well. We where members of BMW Sport Club at the same time, in my early clubdays. But the guy I helpt in racing know him vary well, so i got all the stories!!! =)
              Nice car you got there. Its perfect!

Know that the BMW testteam, including the worksdrivers of the time!, got very big eyes and didnt said a thing when he answerd there quistion of how fast he was driving one lap of the Ring... He was as fast as the testteam!!! Around 8.35.

Comment

like everyone else said, on euro cars (including the sport evo), sunroof was an option. ahh, im just drooling at that thought of a sport evo w/ no sunroof, aircon, electronic suspension and a set of cloth SRD's:idea:

Comment

Working...
                X