Harness help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harness help

I'd like to add a harness to my standard seat for the odd track day I do, what is the best way to fix this in to the car without cutting holes in to the carpet and such like .
    Thanks for any info
    This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

There are 5 point options available that use eye-hooks/bolts. The belts mount to the rear seat belt points under the seats, eye-bolt in back of the front seats (where the base of the seat belts mount) and the center mounts under the seats.

I'll see if I can take pics this weekend.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Thanks Magnus !

Comment

BMG....have you got a cage or even a half cage? I think these are necessary if harnesses are going to be safe. If the car flips and there is no cage, the harnesses will keep you bolt upright and your head/neck will be squashed as the roof caves in. Tom Houlbrook has the nicest half cage out there. It's by safety devices and it has built in harness bars, which is safer than having the harnesses fixed to seat belt mounts.
        John W
        1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
        1990 E30 M3
        http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

Comment

Good point John , I hadnt thought of it like that. This trackday business is getting addictive, what started out as just needing a harness to stop me sliding about on the leather seats looks like turning into something a lot more expensive. A few days at the Nurburgring has highlighted a few weak areas on my car ,I'm already looking for a set of Evo brake ducts and better discs/pads after killing a set and was also thinking about a set of spare wheels with some track day tyres, plus the gear shift needs looking at and maybe i should get a pair of better anti roll bars to go with the new suspension and then theres.................. the list goes on .
          The idea of just adding a harness was to keep things to a minimum and not have to mess with the interior so that if i sell the car i can return it back to showroom condition . How do you get on with the cloth Sport Evo seats ? , they must hold you a lot better than the standard leather items, maybe getting a pair of SRD's and keeping the standard seat belts would be a better bet whilst adding value to the car or having a very saleable item should i sell the car .

Comment

BMG,
            Getting a set of SRD's would be a good idea. They are grippy, but you can get in and out of them easily, unlike a Recaro Pole Position or SPA/SPG, although these are beautiful.
            John W
            1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
            1990 E30 M3
            http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

Comment

Working...
            X