X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cage failure?

found this on dtmpower.net...

subject: dead copilot in norwegian rally
    Story: this happened just a few weeks back here in norway,the co pilot died.they came fast on a turn and there was a bump in the road,they where flying...the roofside went into a mountain wall and killed the copilot instantly...
    so there was a little discussion if motorsport is dangerous,but sorry to say it always is.
    the car was E30 M3...

that hit looks like it would have killed both of them from an impact alone. id say there are not many cages that would keep up with that kinda crash

Shes sold now :(

Comment

Studded snow tires? That's one hell of a rally hit. :sosad:

Had there been no cage they both would have been dead.

Comment

I wonder if the death was more a result from head/neck/spine injury? The shell of the car seems *OK* considering...

Wonder if they were wearing HANS devices?
        Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
          I wonder if the death was more a result from head/neck/spine injury? The shell of the car seems *OK* considering...

Wonder if they were wearing HANS devices?
          Yea, I want to know exactly why he died. I would guess broken neck too because the cabin is generally intact and I wouln't think I head injury would do it because of full helmets. I could see a spine snapping though. Nasty. I would feel very guilty if I were the driver.
          "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

i think the cage did a decent job actually

Comment

wow..... that is all i can say

i want to see more pics... and if there are any b4 pics of the car.. (pics of cage preferably)

Comment

The cage looks ok to me.

Just because someone dies in a crash does not make it a cage failure.

Racing at 80-100 mph on snow covered pavement with trees lining both sidesof the road is a life threatening activity, plain and simple. To think otherwise is delusional.

I feel bad for the guy who died, and his familly if he had one. But the day we expect that no one should be able to be killed in motorsport is the day we should just stop doing it.

Gustave

Comment

I guess I should have added a question mark to the subject line...IOW "cage failure".

Rally driver are nuts...but I think the spectators are more nuts.

Comment

Yea, I want to know exactly why he died
                    have you not got any thing else better to wonder about?
                    [SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

No. But it would answer the question as to whether that cage worked. :yeah:
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

This is aktually the number 3 man who have died in Norvegian rally the last 25years.Too many,and I feel sorry for the inwolved parts. But its a pretty safe sport.Ball games kill more pepole every year.

Comment

Working...
                        X