Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

Eisenmann Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisenmann Exhaust Question

Ok, I am just about ready to place an order for an Eisenmann exhaust. Does anyone know if this is a direct bolt-on fit using the factory exhaust clamps?

Also it looks like you can get it with standard 70mm tips or 76mm tips for a $35 upcharge. Any thoughts on what looks best?

There is a sport and race version, the race version is a $70 upcharge. Anyone know about the difference in sound? I want an exhaust that is aggressive, but not B&B Loud.

Two sources:

BMT - anyone ever done business with them? $757 shipped with 76mm tips

Eisenhaus - again, anyone bought from them? $778 shipped, with
    76 mm tips

Anyone know of a better price?

Lastly, has anyone fit this to a VSR center section?
    "E30 M3 . . . it's the perfect toy for an upscale closet wild man." Car and Driver, 1988 M3 Road Test

I have an Eisenmann HP on a VSR center section.
    You cant get it on a stock center section without some special clamps.
    I had mine welded directly to the VSR. Its very nice, but the HP version I have is quite loud.
    I ordered mine from Eisenhaus, very nice people to work with.

-jonathan
    '07 E86 M Coupe Interlagos (Daily Driver)
    '91 E30 M3 Alpine White (Track car)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan B
      I have an Eisenmann HP on a VSR center section.
      You cant get it on a stock center section without some special clamps.
      Any idea where you get the clamps from? Come with it by chance?
      "E30 M3 . . . it's the perfect toy for an upscale closet wild man." Car and Driver, 1988 M3 Road Test

Comment

I used to have an Eisenmann.

You want the quietest one they sell...don't remember what they call it but they have different sound levels. For me the quietest one was about right....nice tone just slightly louder than stock.

The thing that sucks, is it will not mount with the stock clamps, and it does not come with clamps. It is really BS, a muffler that expensive does not come with clamps to mount it. I had to search like crazy to find clamps the right size.

What I finally found, were 49.5mm clamps for a VW, I think from a late 80's Jetta or something like that. It is an unusual size you will need, and if you don't go the VW route you will be surprised how much trouble you have finding something that will work. I mean, you could use standard "U" shapped muffler clamps, but that solution seemed a little ghetto to me. I am pretty anal about that kind of stuff.

But, it is a nice well made system otherwise. Ada///m now has mine and has for some time. Maybe he can throw in some input as to how well it is holding up.

HTH

Comment

I have one on my cabrio and love it.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X