X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Car's E30 M3 Ownership History - Let's try and help each other with it

Gentlemen,

As many of you know, I keep track of E30 M3's that come up for sale. I have kept a database of our cars for over the last decade. I may have information on your car. If you're interested in finding out anything on your car, please send me a note via email to: bmwe30m3cabrio at aol.com Or you may post to this thread with the information I've requested below. It's just a matter if you want the information public or not.

Please send within the note this relevant information:
    Where you are located,
    How long you've owned your car,
    How much you paid for the car,
    How many miles are on the car,
    What type of modifications are on the car,
    VIN information,
    Please be as detailed as you would like it to be. The more detailed the better it will be for the database in the future.

With the information you send, I will add it into my database and check what information I have on your car. I may not have anything or I could have a wealth of history. But I will be adding the information you've given to me, so that in the future we will have something to refer to.

Please realize that I will be doing this on my spare time, so the responses may not be immediate. I will promise that I will do my best to get you a timely response.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by L James; 12-24-2013, 03:32 AM.
    1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
    1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
    1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

This is great work you are doing.

Comment

e-mail sent! Thank you!

Comment

This is awesome! Thank you so much for doing this. Ill be sending you an email soon, Id like to know more history of my car but I have to say Im a bit nervous, lol.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick response to my e-mail and the info about my car. Great stuff.

Comment

anything on my car? I found some post on NSX Prime seeling this car a few years ago and it was at one point forsale at Enthusiast Auto.
            1988 BMW M3
            2004 Porsche GT3
            2011 BMW M3 (Convertible)

Comment

Inflectionpt.. did you send me an email with the information requested in the first post? Thx
              1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
              1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
              1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

L James- do you have an "idea" of how many are left in the states?

Comment

• L James
                  L James commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There was a thread a couple of years ago that drew a conclusion of ~2700 or so cars left at that time. It was based on an insurance companies estimates if I recall correctly. I will try to find the thread once things slow down.

• L James
                  L James commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here's the information I had mentioned in the quote below:
                  Originally posted by mikem3cabrio View Post
                  Had a friend at work look into how many E30 M3 are register in the US, as of about 17 months ago, there are:
                  1988-1514
                  1989-491
                  1990-495
                  1991-221.
                  Total: 2721
                  I forgot the name of the company this information was obtained from, but the company I work for uses this information as a source for parts production.
                  It's from this thread: http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/hack...are-left/page5

Email sent.
                sigpic

Comment

James is the man!

Comment

James did this for me when I bought my car. He had the what we believe to be the original owner's for sale ad that appeared in a 2004 issue of Roundel, among other interesting information.

I would never have been able to find this insight / history on my own. Thanks James!
                    John 3:17

Comment

hello james , im in europe, do you have any info about these cars? my car was born in germany , grew up in england and now lives in spain , do you think you can find some info for me? if so ill send you my details. thanks

Comment

• L James
                        L James commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi Buffalino,

All my information is U.S. based on US cars... Sorry, wish I could help you...

I emailed you my info. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
                      Jeremy Clarkson

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply James!
                        sigpic

Comment

Email sent! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X