Announcement

Collapse

Session time has been extended...

Instead of 30 minutes, you will be logged into s14.net for 1.5 hours of inactivity before being logged-out. Also instead of having only 30 minutes to edit a post, it has now been extended to 60 minutes.
See more
See less

fruitless 12 hours trying to repaint Valve cover and Plenum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fruitless 12 hours trying to repaint Valve cover and Plenum.

I just spent the last 12 hours repainting my Valve cover and intake Plenum.

I was trying to apply my version of the motorsport stripes on them. I got 2 colors down and fucked up the third. It was so perfect! Since I was at a public garage, it would be impossible to take the covers home to fix it. So I tried to repair it on site, but the stripes were to thick to spray over and look natural.

In the end I re-stripped all the paint and used a silver that best matched Lachs. I forgot to take pics for my write-up too.

I WISH I OWNED A GARAGE! :grr:

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

I had to do it. The garage was damp and cold so I had to sit there with a blow dryer for each layer of paint.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

you are a TRUE GANGSTA

always keepin it real :cool:
      Old School

Comment

It'll be worth it Magnus....!

Stan

Comment

Hardcore.

Comment

I refuse to try it again until I own a home. You need to be able to sit down and work, not work in some public garage. It's staying sliver.

I really don't know where my heads at this week! When you're not comfortable in your work environment, things tend to get fucked.

Here was my mishaps today.
            •Re-sand the BMW M POWER and horizontal lines on valve cover and plenum..
            • After a 1/2 hour of looking, found lost acorn nut under cam.
            • Realize I forgot to replace a bolt under valve cover. Remove valve cover and realize the bolt actually belongs to the spark plug cover.
            • Put valve cover on again.
            •Place plenum on.
            • Realize I forgot to install 1 rubber trumpet seal.
            • Remove Plenum and install missing rubber seal.
            •Reattach Plenum again.
            •I must have lost 5 washers and 6 acorn nuts, and I would not continue until I found each.

:rolleyes: Damn!

Comment

Yeah, maybe you're right....

Comment

U know you always have a second home up in Roughchester anytime you need it....give me a shout...

B/C I want to put the same lines on my black valve cover...so maybe we can hit two birds with one can of spray paint

Comment

>>>I refuse to try it again until I own a home. You need to be able to sit down and work, not work in some public garage. It's staying sliver.<<<

I hear ya! (I miss my old house with the 5 car garage and shop...)

Long ago my first house had a gravel driveway and no garage...when I laid on my back it was like one of those bed of nails things. My back got all sorts of little bruises!!

Stan

Comment

Working...
                  X