Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I keep my spare block and crank? Values?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I keep my spare block and crank? Values?

I had a my real 2.5 car built a decent time ago. I've had a good 2.3 block and 2.3 crank sitting around stored away for a while. I always thought I'd keep them for a rainy day. I have enough e30 M3s that I'd be pissed if one throws a rod through the block and I can't find a spare 5 years from now. That being said. They are taking up space. I mean bottom numbers the block was worth a $500 dollar core lol I've been offered more by the random PM message. But lets discuss where does I am just hoarder of e30 M3 parts start and these parts might be worth some cash stop??

Happy Wheeling!!!

Hey Bisan! I would definitely hang onto them as S14 engines are going to be really scarce in the future once people start swapping S14's back into swapped cars. That said, would you be able to read me the numbers off the 2.5 Block? I want to ID my block on one of my cars to make sure it is a 2.5 block. I couldn't find the info online. Thanks!
    90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoodGuy View Post
      Hey Bisan! I would definitely hang onto them as S14 engines are going to be really scarce in the future once people start swapping S14's back into swapped cars. That said, would you be able to read me the numbers off the 2.5 Block? I want to ID my block on one of my cars to make sure it is a 2.5 block. I couldn't find the info online. Thanks!
      I am out of town on business until thursday. Ill put the 2.5 on the lift and get all the numbers i can see.

Comment

If you need to free up space in your garage I'd be happy to take the block and crank off your hands ;-)

Comment

So no one has any input on what they are worth????

Comment

Your block is worth about $800-1000 in my estimation. Someone who purchases it would have to treat it as a core. A 2.3 L new block is around 2900 including pistons.

Crankshafts I've seen between $300-500, again depending if its in need of polishing or more intensive work. New cranks I believe are in the $1200 range ($100 core) and include $100 worth of bearing shells with them.

If you have the space I would advise keeping them. Good luck!

Bryant

Comment

$800 for the block sounds right. $500 for a good crank, $150 for a junk one.
              sigpic
              2010 BMW Club Racing E30 M3 Touring Car Champion
              2011, 2013 SCCA Runoffs Super Touring Under 3.0L Bronze Medalist
              2011 SCCA Jim Fitzgerald Rookie of the Year
              2012 SCCA Northeast Divisional STU Champion
              2015 SCCA Runoffs STU Polesitter

Comment

Working...
              X