Anyone else from DC Metro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else from DC Metro?

Greetings from the Nation's capitol, anyone else from around here? Finally got a break from the crappy winter. My '89 Alpineweiss on black was delivered this Xmas eve. It's a one owner, all original- radio, paint, panels, etc…. While it is already in pretty mint shape, there were some minor odds & ends that I have addressed. Now I'm at a crossroads and need your opinion...

I have wavered on keeping her original, I'm torn. While I have always enjoyed modifying my rides, we all know the pro's & con's of doing such things to an investment grade car like the e30 M3. That said, I already have a set of 17" LM's waiting in boxes, but mounting them will inevitably lead to the slippery slope of an upgraded suspension. While I'm at it, I would likely install a Rogue El Diablo exhaust. That is all I would do, relatively easy to reverse, and the suspension upgrade could stay as I think it's needed and doesn't really affect the integrity of the stock aesthetics.

So far, I have kept my mods very "oem plus"- Euro tow hook covers, Euro rear plate filler, BMW Motorsport door handles and a rare 370mm M Tech I steering wheel. Should I mount the 17"s or leave it be??? That is the question!

Last edited by qwkslvrnsx; 04-20-2014, 06:06 PM.

Ashburn/Reston here. Where are you located?

Last edited by Brandon; 04-18-2014, 07:50 AM.
    Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
    1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
    2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
    http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

if you have room to store the stock parts and are not worried about major pothole damage to the LM's on local roads then i say yes mount them up and enjoy them on the car (i have 17's on mine ,also have a borla catback on it ,and have stored stock parts)

looks very nice BTW
      Last edited by spdracrm3; 04-17-2014, 09:18 AM.
      Angus Proud
      88 E30 M3 X2
      89 E30 325IX
      92 R100GS/PD
      :ha:

Comment

Falls Church. Planning on hitting a Cars & Coffee at Katy's soon.

Comment

Falls church here also!! But soon in Fairfax..

Comment

I live in Arlington. Trust me. I've had my car for 6-7 years and it was parked in the garage completely bone stock until 2 months ago. I wanted to keep it stock and original but then again whats the point of having a car if you aren't going to truly enjoy it, drive it, and mod it. Its like not fucking your girlfriend so that when she finds a new boyfriend he can truly enjoy her better. Heres my car. It was completely bone stock for 6 years until last month. Let me know if you need any help with anything installed.
            Attached Files

Comment

There is a ton of locals in the DC area. I got mine when I was residing there. RRT and Martin Motorsports both hold shows from what memory serves me and there were 12 cars at least at both shows.

Yan lives in NoVa
              Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

herndon/chantilly here. many more not on the forums or SIG. anyone going to the cars and coffee tomorrow in bethesda sponsored by RRT?

Attached Files
                Last edited by jht3; 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM.
                James
                sigpic

Comment

VA Beach; new into the e30 world just pick it up last month and building the to do list might need some help and advice on where to find the parts and stuff!

Comment

Reston here
                    Last edited by kmarei; 04-21-2014, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Not DC Metro but in So. PA. Would be up for a get together at some point....
                      cheers,
                      John
                      88M3 henna

73T100C
                      97 540\6-Gone
                      2008 MINI Clubman S

Comment

Va Beach As well down here.

Comment

Cool, more than I thought! We'll have to have a GTG when the weather STAYS warm! Kmarei, your car looks sweet on the dyno. jht, I went to VT for grad school. Brandon, what suspension set up are you running. By the rear, it looks like H&R race, I plan on doing Billy Sports/ H&R race but I will need to address the reverse rake.

Update, in a moment of weakness, I just bought an Evo III splitter lip & wing w/ CF gurney flap. So much for stock!
                          Last edited by qwkslvrnsx; 04-20-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Ground control. I lowered the front another 1-1.5 inches since that pic was taken. Springs are 400# 7" in front and 550# 6" in the back.

Originally posted by qwkslvrnsx View Post
                            Cool, more than I thought! We'll have to have a GTG when the weather STAYS warm! Kmarei, your car looks sweet on the dyno. jht, I went to VT for grad school. Brandon, what suspension set up are you running. By the rear, it looks like H&R race, I plan on doing Billy Sports/ H&R race but I will need to address the reverse rake.

Update, in a moment of weakness, I just bought an Evo III splitter lip & wing w/ CF gurney flap. So much for stock!
                            Last edited by Brandon; 04-22-2014, 03:10 AM.
                            Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

DC Metro guys going to the 31st Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance?

Sunday, May 4, 2014 Nottoway Park, Vienna, VA

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...4#.U1k7Xnf3Gy0
                              Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

Working...
                              X