Bodyshop - Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyshop - Bay Area

Hey, just picked up a decent shape 88 M3, but since the car has been a Hawaii car most of it's life the pain and all the trim is very faded. I am looking for a good body shop that knows these cars in the CA, Bay Area that would be willing to pain the car properly. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    My Garage:
    88 E30 M3
    91 E30 318is /S50 VF Engineering SC'ed
    00 E46 323i
    02 E46 325i Touring

Atan888 (Alvin) is associated with a shop on the peninsula that did some pretty phenomenal looking work on a few of his cars including his E30 and 2002 turbo. You can probably search around and find the shop name, or possibly PM him if he's still around.

Comment

I might be wrong....but IIRC Alvin left the US car scene and moved to the Phillipines...like maybe 4-6 years ago. Or maybe it was something else...but he completely vanished. He hasn't posted here in almost 4 years.

It was weird...sudden like....for someone who was previously so prolific in the community. Even if it is the Phillipines, I imagine they have internet there....
      Last edited by Ironhead; 04-21-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I haven't used him personally, but not sure you can do better than Bill Arnold in San Rafael.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
        97 Porsche Carrera S
        13 Audi S6
        SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
        GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Nevermind... I read it as auto shop, not a body shop.

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
          97 Porsche Carrera S
          13 Audi S6
          SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
          GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Some great shops to consider include: Eurotech in San Carlos, Active Auto Body in Sunnyvale, United Auto Collision in Burlingame (they did all of Alvin's cars).

Comment

Working...
            X