Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SITE HAS BEEN UPGRADED. PLEASE TEST IT OUT AND REPLY TO THIS THREAD

OK,

There's lots of changes/repairs. please test thinks out and report back any issues. Continue to create your long-worded posts in another application, then post it here. I should have this issue repaired today (though I will let you know). Colors should be adjusted as well...

Cheers

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Have you tried to see what it's like to have light backgrounds and dark text. Sites with lighter colors always seem more enjoyable to browse. The Bluefox 5.0.5 FLUID layout is my favorite.
    Last edited by jibbajabba; 08-20-2014, 08:05 AM.
    1988 E30 M3 S38
    1970 E10 2002 S14

Comment

I WILL MAKE A different color selection in the future.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Please feel free to also let me know the things that are actually fixed/now working. Thanks

Comment

Posting is slow (Firefox v31.0) - I get a long pause with "Working" showing at the top of the screen before the post goes through.
          Will try additional functionality tonight.
          Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

OK. Cleared the cache. How's it working now?

Comment

I can actually post something now! I haven't been able to post anything or start a new thread for about the last 6 months.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mike, but I'm glad you've stuck around. I've had very bad luck when it comes to electronics these days...:surprised

Comment

Negative - still very slow.
                  Gave me the following error:
                  There has been a database error, and the current page cannot be displayed. Site staff have been notified."

The "post" auto-save's multiple times while trying to post it takes so long.
                  This is from the quick-response window, not the "Advanced" window.
                  Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

I've noticed that I don't get a notification when someone replies to a thread I replied in. It seems to send a notice when there are replies to threads I started, but not to others.
                    Also, this message box is white background with grey text which is hard to see. Everything else seems great and thanks for the constant upgrades!
                    "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Also, that last post was "Working" before posting for 21 seconds. Safari browser with a good internet connection.
                      "It is needless to say that self-propelling vehicles, like other machines, will never do as much for one who does not understand them as for one who does."

Comment

Also, that last post was "Working" before posting for 21 seconds. Safari browser with a good internet connection.

Comment

testing.. 1... 2... 3...
                          Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton
                          1989 E30 M3, Owner since June 2000
                          2008 E61 535xiT - The DD and work horse

http://www.bayareamotorsport.com

Register your E30 M3!
                          http://www.bmwmregistry.com

Comment

Yep - 20+ second delay while posting, white text entry field with gray text....
                            Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

This issue existed before, so I'd like to bring it up again. The Today's Posts link/button only displays in the upper left corner if you are not logged in.

It would be great to have access to "Today's Posts" when we are logged in so we can see all of the most current activity at the touch of one button.

This image was taken prior to the upgrade, but for illustration purposes, the layout still the same.

Unfortunately, after the latest upgrade, this search function no longer works. The search criteria is conveniently displayed at the bottom of the image. When using the "Today's Posts" function prior to logging in, you are required to answer the random question before proceeding. After answering the question and clicking SEARCH, the no search criteria error below displays. I have tried entering manual criteria, but always receive the error. Using Firefox and MSIE. (No access to Chrome at work)

This error was captured today:

Brandon
                              ::dedicated::
                              Last edited by Brandon; 08-21-2014, 05:34 AM.
                              Alles Beste!

B. Wheaton

Register your E30 M3!

Comment

Working...
                              X