Imola Red E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imola Red E30 M3

Any of you California guys know anything about the Imola Red M3 that's in this month's Roundel Classifieds?

This person is selling two other M's. I talked to him on the phone today, and I asked him to send me some pictures by email.

Perhaps he is on the board, or someone here knows about the car so I'd like to hear about it. I'm sure there aren't too many 1990 M3s painted Imola red. He said that it was originally Brilliant Red.

Thanks guys,

- Hiro

anyone?

Comment

Is the Vin WBSAK0313LAE33809? If so, the owner is a member of this board. I looked at this car & his others for sale @ 2weeks ago.
      sigpic

Comment

That's the right VIN. If you have seen it, please let us know how it looks....

Comment

yah that's the car. If I lived anywhere closed to the seller, I would go look at the car, but since I don't, I want to gather as much information as possible.

Comment

I looked at the car @ 2wks ago. It. along with the other 2 have been advertised for @ 1mo. The owner has a collection that he is trimming down - has 2. 2002tii's & had 4 E30M3's, sold the lashssilber one 3 weeks ago. Owner is very knowledgable about M3's.

Car is completely stock except for the repaint. Paint is a very good job with high quality German paint - probably a $3500-$4500 job on the open market. Body has lazer straight panels & seams. All original BMW VIN tags on fenders/doors. Detailer was slightly agressive on the buff out as their are 4 very slight buff thru marks on panel edges/creases that show thru to the primer. There is also a little orange peal low, on the right rear fender. Owner has a can of extra paint that was used & blend in on buff marks would not be a problem, especially with the paint being less than 2 yrs old.

CarFax checked out clean & showed mileage of 82,000 as correct.
            The car came out of San Mateo CA @ 2 yrs ago. It runs very well. Owner did preventative maintainance at his purchase of new H2O pump/H2o hoses/belts.

Interior (black) is very very nice. Leather in great condition & showing very little wear - no cracks in dash - carpets great.

There is a very small bubble under the right wiper at the windshield molding - could be a rust mark or a paint flaw. Blower motor quit while I was driving the car (owner thought this may be a fuse but we didn't have a replacement to check it) a/c doesn't blow real cold, needs a recharge. There is a very slight wiper scratch on the windshield - all other glass is original.

I looked at 4 other cars that day & this was clearly the best one of the bunch. With very little paint work it could be a 9 on a 10 scale. I took pictures of it & will try & post. I am in no way associated with the seller or the car - these are observations from my notes while "on the hunt" for an E30M3.

sigpic

Comment

pic's won't attach - any help would be appreciated!!
              sigpic

Comment

click on gallery (between "forums" and "versions") then go to upload pics

Karl Kraus --Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that
                they are not idiots.

Comment

That car is sold.
                  Petro

Comment

take that back it might not be sold
                    Petro

Comment

sorry it is sold
                      Petro

Comment

Working...