Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CourtM3
    replied
    Welcome to the break the bank to mod the car club! Congrats on the new purchase. Post pics
    Last edited by CourtM3; 04-15-2005, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diamond_///M
    replied
    uh, that's why i work in parts. i'm not mechanically inclined at all. luckily, the guy i bought the car from is one of the techs here. no leaks, head's been rebuilt. i am planning to go to school for automotive technology. if not for a career, then atleast to care for the m. but this guy took excellent care of it. hardly ever drove it.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    TWS 10W60 (castrol, bmw approved for M5 and E46 M3) and no clunking sounds
    in my engine

hope youre happy with the car, but I noticed you said it has 216000 miles.
    youve probably already thought of giving the car a full inspection?
    since you work at BMW it shouldnt be too hard to put it on the rack and
    drop the oil pan to check the crank play. If it hasnt had a bearing change yet,
    Id probably go ahead and do it. Id probably do a compression/leak down test
    to get some base numbers. I would not do any kind of very hard driving until youve
    gone thru the car completely. I would probably also go thru and check all the sensors too.
    check your header studs, check that all hoses to the TBs are tight, check TB adjustment
    etc. Get an emmissions test to have a base line. This is all voluntary stuff, but it will
    help you to know where you are at now.

John

Leave a comment:

• Diamond_///M
    replied
    pics??? uh, unfortunately, my income hasn't allowed me to get a new camera...(can't afford a camera but can afford a car...hahaha) so, pics will come after i take some and develop them and then scan them and then post them. but never fear, pics will come soon. and actually, if i wasn't working here, i don't think i'd be able to afford to maintain the car. everything on it is special order. but it's ok. the guy i bought it from was running 5w 30 synthetic oil and i was burning through that quick style. i was thinking about putting the 10w 60 that we put in the e46 m3's (cuz it's a wider range), but he said he's tried that and it just clunked around. now i'm running 15w 40. what's everybody else running?

Leave a comment:

• SWEETM3
    replied
    Welcome Enjoy the ride...JB

Leave a comment:

• Nostrils
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, you will find all the answers to the questions you havent even asked yourself yet, right here!

Leave a comment:

• e30m3man
    replied
    Welcome !

Leave a comment:

• M3Pilot
    replied
    Welcome to the nut house, I'm sure you'll fit right in

Leave a comment:

• OnrailsM3
    replied
    Welcome and enjoy the show.

Leave a comment:

• Magnus
    replied
    Congrats and Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• mark
    replied
    Congrats and welcome to the best M3/s14 forum!

Leave a comment:

• UofOm3
    replied
    welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• e30m3power
    replied
    welcome Diamond,, we need pics!!!

Leave a comment:

• BMWman
    replied
    Welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

• EVOSPEC
    replied
    Joe - Congrats and Welcome to the best forum in the WWW. Now! can I get a discount...hehe...post some pics.

Later!
    -Adrian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X