finally an m3 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally an m3 owner

i've lusted after one of these cars for a long time now, and 4 weeks ago i became an official owner. diamond black with cardinal red leather, e36 m3 motorsport rims, 216k on the clock and still goin strong. i guess i should probably give myself a little introduction to the board. name is joe. i work at a bmw dealership in parts. been an enthusiast for a long time. i enjoy long walks and puppies... . no really. happy to be part of the elite.

Congrats and welcome to the best M3/s14 forum on the web
    You have the perfect job to compliment your new car
    This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

Joe - Congrats and Welcome to the best forum in the WWW. Now! can I get a discount...hehe...post some pics.

Later!
      -Adrian
      I'd rather be out in my M3 right about now...

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

welcome Diamond,, we need pics!!!
          http://JoeysM3.com

Comment

welcome aboard!
            1990 e30 m3

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the best M3/s14 forum!
              WOW .....8400 rpms !!!

Photobucket

Comment

Congrats and Welcome!

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the show.

Comment

Welcome to the nut house, I'm sure you'll fit right in
                    "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

Welcome to the forum, you will find all the answers to the questions you havent even asked yourself yet, right here!
                        Phil
                        E30 M3 - The Original Inspiration

Comment

Welcome Enjoy the ride...JB

Comment

pics??? uh, unfortunately, my income hasn't allowed me to get a new camera...(can't afford a camera but can afford a car...hahaha) so, pics will come after i take some and develop them and then scan them and then post them. but never fear, pics will come soon. and actually, if i wasn't working here, i don't think i'd be able to afford to maintain the car. everything on it is special order. but it's ok. the guy i bought it from was running 5w 30 synthetic oil and i was burning through that quick style. i was thinking about putting the 10w 60 that we put in the e46 m3's (cuz it's a wider range), but he said he's tried that and it just clunked around. now i'm running 15w 40. what's everybody else running?

Comment

TWS 10W60 (castrol, bmw approved for M5 and E46 M3) and no clunking sounds
                              in my engine

hope youre happy with the car, but I noticed you said it has 216000 miles.
                              youve probably already thought of giving the car a full inspection?
                              since you work at BMW it shouldnt be too hard to put it on the rack and
                              drop the oil pan to check the crank play. If it hasnt had a bearing change yet,
                              Id probably go ahead and do it. Id probably do a compression/leak down test
                              to get some base numbers. I would not do any kind of very hard driving until youve
                              gone thru the car completely. I would probably also go thru and check all the sensors too.
                              check your header studs, check that all hoses to the TBs are tight, check TB adjustment
                              etc. Get an emmissions test to have a base line. This is all voluntary stuff, but it will
                              help you to know where you are at now.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X