No announcement yet.

Best motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are the benefits of running the IE mounts over stock?

elefantsupply.com

Comment

This was quoted from the Ireland website:

"NEW PRODUCT -- These heavy duty urethane motor mounts are stronger and absorb vibration better than the factory mounts. They are also more resistant to oil and ozone. Available for E30 (not available for 318 or M3), E9, E3, E12, early E24 cars. Priced each $35"

I'm looking to get new motor mounts as well, but I am confused because on their description of the mounts it states "not available for 318 or M3" Are guys just getting the e30 ones and using them?

Will.
      Will.
      1989 M3
      1972 2002

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaRD
        This was quoted from the Ireland website:

"NEW PRODUCT -- These heavy duty urethane motor mounts are stronger and absorb vibration better than the factory mounts. They are also more resistant to oil and ozone. Available for E30 (not available for 318 or M3), E9, E3, E12, early E24 cars. Priced each $35"

I'm looking to get new motor mounts as well, but I am confused because on their description of the mounts it states "not available for 318 or M3" Are guys just getting the e30 ones and using them?

Will.
        They have M3 specific mounts.

"NEW PRODUCT - Urethane Motor Mounts for the E30 M3-- These are less expensive than the sloppy short lived factory mounts and a lot less than the motorsport units. They are stiffer than the stock mounts so you will feel more vibration, but the motor won't be jumping around. A must for you racers. These are slightly shorter that the factory units for more clearance. You must use the factory heat shield on the exhaust side. Priced each. "

They're $60/ea.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification
          Will.
          1989 M3
          1972 2002

Comment

Working...
          X