Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo different types??

Hi guys
    My car is a Canadian car and wanted a MPH speedo only in case I sell the car 20 y from now lol to the USA
    Looks like there is 2 versions. My cat is a 09/88 ( 1989)do I need a 140 or 160mph
    Thanks

the 140 Looks like a muck up cluster from an e30 , the 160mph and oil gauge cluster is the one for the M's.

Comment

Those pictures are for reference I only want to buy the speedo parts not the whole cluster
      So the 140 is no good?
      Thanks

Comment

Comment

If anyone has the speedo part for sale let me know
          Thanks

Comment

If you are considering sales value, a cluster that is original to the car is more valuable than MPH on the speedo. IMO.
            John 3:17

Comment

No I would not swap cluster but give a working speedo in mph as spare to facilitate the sale
              Not selling my car , just getting a few spares for the future

Comment

160 is the correct speedo. It is all I have ever seen on US M3's. BMW wouldn't use a 140 speedo on a car that tops out at 143.
                John
                88 ///M3 Cinnabar
                84 318i Black
                sigpic

Comment

The 140 MPH speedo will work but the 160MPH is original. 160MPH speedos may still be available from BMW.

Comment

you can get overlays for the speedo. Something like these: http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.php?topic=10182.0

That way you do it on the cheap and still have the OEM clocks!

Comment

We also sell the overlays too. We can make them in OE style for both the M3 and standard clusters. Euro or USA spec. Even fully custom 9k, 10k tachs and more.

Www.BavRest.com

Comment

Working...
                      X