need help with rusty windshield cowl apron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with rusty windshield cowl apron

hi im rebuilding my m3 project ,this is the rusty part , i want to fix , im looking for windshield lower apron part number , it only appears in a euro M3 , in USA spec M3 real oem doesn't show a part number

and euro part 41321959590 is NLA

my question is a coupe apron will fit M3 ?

or the usa spec have different pn ?

help will be really appreciated

thanks

ernie

In the UK i believe the euro part number you've quoted shows no stock, but is available to order only with a wait of a few weeks as its made to order and sold only with a chassis VIN stamp. You can't just order one without a stamp, least not in the UK anyway.
    This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

Originally posted by E30m3507 View Post
      hi im rebuilding my m3 project ,this is the rusty part , i want to fix , im looking for windshield lower apron part number , it only appears in a euro M3 , in USA spec M3 real oem doesn't show a part number

and euro part 41321959590 is NLA

my question is a coupe apron will fit M3 ?

or the usa spec have different pn ?

help will be really appreciated

thanks

ernie
      The M3 part is unique because it has a larger bonded windshield. Other E30's in US have a smaller
      windshield that's installed in a gasket, thus the opening for the windshield on the M3 is larger, so the cowl
      from other USA models won't fit. No experience with Euro parts. The US M3 lower cowl has been NLA
      for some time now.
      Ron ///Man

• '91 Gr-A Former CiBiEmme / Ravaglia - Sold
      • '90 M3 Faux EVOII Alpineweiss 36K Orig Owner - The Queen
      • '91 M3 Faux EVO III Brilliantrot Euro Driveline - The Rocket
      • '91 M3 Faux Gr-A Club Racer DM - The Alter EGO
      • '89 M3 M3T / ITR Club Racer
      • '94 Spec E36 - Eh....
      • '09 M3 - Tarmac Terrorist
      • '04 330Xi Sport 6 Speed - Snowmobile
      • '07 530 Xi - Highway Star
      • http://www.imwcarparts.com/e30-m3-parts.htm

Comment

thanks for help , bmg can you give a me contact number or email to order it from uk

thanks

ernie

Comment

hi Ron ///Man you know whats the us part number ???

ernie

Comment

thanks for help , bmg can you give a me contact number or email to order it from uk

thanks

ernie
            I found the info on e30zone.net. The link is below but you need to be a forum member to view it.
            I don't think they will sell you a blank panel, as in the UK you have to prove ownership and they will take the VIN from your documents and stamp it as such.
            Might be worth joining the forum and asking the Cotswold BMW parts guy what he can do.

http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?n...ht=41321959590

Comment

BMG I emailed BMW classic after cotswold's told me that as I wasn't convinced that they would make a single panel at a time. Their response was

'The requested apron is actually not available, but a reproduction is in progress. Please contact your local BMW dealership to order the spare part.'

So I asked if they new when it would be available and the response was

'We are truly sorry, but it is impossible to say when this article will be available. So, there is no way for us to help you.'

I take that to mean the order book is open but they will not be made until they have enough orders to justify it.

Comment

really bad news

Comment

Originally posted by Paul D View Post
                  BMG I emailed BMW classic after cotswold's told me that as I wasn't convinced that they would make a single panel at a time. Their response was

'The requested apron is actually not available, but a reproduction is in progress. Please contact your local BMW dealership to order the spare part.'

So I asked if they new when it would be available and the response was

'We are truly sorry, but it is impossible to say when this article will be available. So, there is no way for us to help you.'

I take that to mean the order book is open but they will not be made until they have enough orders to justify it.
                  I guess it's a waiting game then and you have to take your chance. No good if you need a scuttle now, but at least it is being made again.

Comment

i would contact germany to see if they have a expected date

thanks

Comment

i would contact germany to see if they have a expected date

thanks

It was BMW classic in Germany that I contacted.

peteb on this forum checked in August and there was 72 back orders for these, there was 82 for the tail panel and that is now available so if everybody that needs a cowl places an order it might not be that long until they are available.

Comment

i would try to make a order via my dealer , hope it would be soon , its the only thing missing in my project

thanks for help

Comment

Having both a LHD euro 88 m3 and a RHD euro 89 coupe, i have measured both cowls are they seem to be identical. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul D View Post

It was BMW classic in Germany that I contacted.

peteb on this forum checked in August and there was 72 back orders for these, there was 82 for the tail panel and that is now available so if everybody that needs a cowl places an order it might not be that long until they are available.

When did the tail panel become available? I've been waiting for a year and a half

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander. View Post
                              Having both a LHD euro 88 m3 and a RHD euro 89 coupe, i have measured both cowls are they seem to be identical. What am I missing?

The difference is the lip that the windshield is attached to on the M3 it's wider to allow for the bonded screen. On the picture below you can see on the A pillar they changed the internal panel to increase the width, the red line shows the difference. There's no reason you couldn't buy a standard part and increase the lip except in the UK at least BMW won't sell the standard part without a vin or with the M3 vin so you would need access to a non M3 and order the panel for that then cut the vin out of the m3 attach it to the new panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	windshield.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	1233055

Comment

Working...
                              X