Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3 Evo 2 Upholstery

Anyone have a supplier of new "grey check" upholstery for Evo 2? Rob

Going by memory here but AFAIK the evo2 cloth has never been replicated. The closest was a repro of Überkaro II in gray/anthrazit as fitted to the 318is and M3 with 215 hp.

You may have checked already e30tech.com and r3vlimited but I remember a thread about the M3 E36 cloth dubbed 'M rain' that had been reproduced. Perhaps the guy who had that done can do Ueberkaro silver (305) too.

After a search I found this:
    http://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s1...to-bmw-classic

Comment

Going by memory here but AFAIK the evo2 cloth has never been replicated. The closest was a repro of Überkaro II in gray/anthrazit as fitted to the 318is and M3 with 215 hp.

You may have checked already e30tech.com and r3vlimited but I remember a thread about the M3 E36 cloth dubbed 'M rain' that had been reproduced. Perhaps the guy who had that done can do Ueberkaro silver (305) too.

After a search I found this:
      http://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s1...to-bmw-classic

Sorry for the double post...

Comment

Thank you - good lead, following it up - Rob

Comment

Please report back if you manage to find the cloth, I am also looking for some.

Comment

There is a chance that it can be produced - if I get confirmation, will let you know. Rob

Comment

Possibly contact this firm the may be able to help.
              http://www.oldtimer-textiles.de/home/autostoffe/bmw/

E30 M3 1987
              Mini Clubman GT
              BMW E36 323 Msport
              Toyota Corona
              KTM 200EXC
              Honda CB50 (1979)

Comment

The e36 m3 cloth repro was done by bimmerbreaker and he has a thread on bimmerforums. It is the black hurricane fabric, and it is a pretty good repro. Last I talked to him he was not going to do another run so get it while it is there if you want it. I have a little over 2 running yards of the OE e36 m3 grey hurricane fabric that I am holding for trade but eventually might sell. As far as the E30 fabric, I have been accumulating quite a bit of all the different fabrics to do stuff with. I have lots of both the original and repro black mtech fabric, it is not running yards but large swatches and scraps. That black mtech repro (I think Eric did it?) is pretty darn good, but there was none done in gray. I have gray interior and my ultimate goal is to hopefully switch over to grey panels with the grey mtech cloth. I have been lucky enough to find NOS OE grey door panels with grey mtech fabric, and also some large swatches of the grey mtech fabric, and also a Husco with the grey mtech fabric. I doubt I will be able to find the rear grey fabric rear panels so my hopes are to try to recover some grey rear panels with the grey cloth so that I can have a set of matching front and rear panels. In my dreams I will also be able to find grey mtech cloth seats too. If anybody has grey/grey fabric rear panels or seats let me know. If my plans don't work out I will just sell off everything, but that will be a year or two in the future. BTW, what is the name of the grey mtech fabric? Is it Evo II or Cecotto or just grey mtech? I know a guy who has the Recaro SRD redone in the mtech fabric, but it is the black and not gray. Also FYI, there are two different fabric types, one is just the plain fabric and the other is a triple layer fabric with foam and mesh back padding. If you find some with the foam backing be aware that 99% of the time the foam middle layer is degraded and the mesh is separating.

Comment

Have been in contact with OldTimer - they have the Anthracite cloth but not the Silver [Silber] Uberkaro. Chance and just a chance there could be a limited run...Certainly seems to be a market. Attached is what you are looking for..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 02tobbe View Post
                    Please report back if you manage to find the cloth, I am also looking for some.
                    I also would be interested

Comment

Didn't realize you were talking about that fabric. Is that what came in the evo II?

Comment

I'd be interested in some. Shoot me an email at [email protected]. I may have a source for some of this but need to confirm it's the correct fabric (not the 318 fabric)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 20.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1234565
                          The photo is from an Evo 2 with 4900 miles since new! It is correct! PM on it s way.....
                          Last edited by robgarns; 01-24-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

If you do locate some or a production run happens I would be interested as well just to have in hand in case of emergencies.

Comment

I'd be interested too in that upholstery.

Comment

Working...
                              X