Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open recall... 93v-015?

Hi,

Anyone know what recall is associated with 93V-015? I did a search for 93v etc with no luck.

I am guessing it is the heater issue from the 80's lawsuit, but would lilke to confirm.

Thanks!

Paul

Found it on the net. Sorry...thought I would at least post the answer...

"The malfunction or failure of a cooling system component results in a significantly increased coolant temperature and a resulting increase in system pressure. The consequence is when the vehicle is operated under this condition it can suffer damage or failure of parts of the cooling system such as (1) leakage from a coolant hose, (2) leakages from the radiator or expansion tank, (3) disconnection of a hose from a pipe or fitting, and (4) cracks in the heater core end piece resulting in coolant leakage. In some cases, boiling coolant can contact the lower right leg of the driver resulting in burns. Also, escaping coolant in the passenger compartment can cause vapor fogging of the windshield, reducing driver visibility. There are 375,000 cars that should be recalled.

BMW's recall number is 93V-015 and has had this fix available for some time now. Call BMW (have your VIN# ready) and determine if it's been done before. The parts list for the fix looks like this:

QTY FP number Description
    6 07-12-9-952-111 Sp clamp
    2 16-12-1-180-237 8-hose clamp
    1 17-11-4-379-047 Radiator cap
    1 64-11-8-367-832 T-piece
    1 64-11-8-391-926 Thermostat
    1 64-21-8-367-790 Hose
    1 64-21-8-367-791 Hose
    1 64-21-8-367-834 Hose
    "

Comment

I went to the local stealer with mine today and was checking on stuff. I was told that my car still has an open recall for my heater core recall. When this is done do they change the coolant or just top off the system?
      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

Comment

Bring it by Arlington and I'll change the coolant.

Comment

That's where I was yesterday. Is your name James by the way? They said that a tech just bought one two weeks ago.

I have to come in today to pick up my key for it. Might due it on Monday due to todays weather.

If I do come in it will be in my standard E30 thou.

Comment

gravydog: you're a tech at arlington?
            James
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think he was who they were refering to.

Comment

Quick question about this safety recall. I know it has not been done on my M3 and have a letter from BMW Canada that states it. Is it free of charge, or is it past their timely reponsability and owner must pay for it?
                Last edited by LeeVuong; 03-16-2007, 05:04 AM.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                1989 M3 racecar
                e39 Touring

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVuong View Post
                  Quick question about this safety recall. I know it has not been done on my M3 and have a letter from BMW Canada that states it. Is it free of charge, or is it past their timely reponsability and owner must pay for it?
                  The recall should follow the vehicle not the owner. If it has not been performed, it should be performed free of charge to either the first or 50th owner.[peace]

Comment

Yeah. Great. Thanks MFlossin

I am gonna have a free overflow reservoir cap and few new hoses.

[email protected]

1969 2002 racecar
                    1989 M3 racecar
                    e39 Touring

Comment

Damn, I just bought the overflow reservoir caps a month ago.
                      Because anything worth doing is worth doing fanatically!
                      Born date 01/88
                      Ryan

Comment

I just got off the phone with BMW Customer Relations, 800-831-1117. The recall was performed in my car back in 1993. Good thing that it was done, but good bye to my hopes of getting free parts from BMW.

Comment

Thanks for posting the phone number. I called it and it turns out that it hasn't been performed on my car. I'll be visiting my dealership soon.

Comment

Its easy to see if you have had the recall, you will notice a bunch of hoses and a valve next to the firewall. Also the recall calls installing a cap with a lower pressure rating. If anyone wants to I can check your DCS and see if its been done.

Comment

Thanks for posting this info!!! I called my local stealer and found that my car has NOT had the recall performed - it's going in on Tuesday

MUCH appreciated.
                              -AJ

-'88 Henna Red-

Comment

Working...
                              X