Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 m3 rental (not mine)

Good idea or riskay behavior???

I would drive it but not sure I would feel comfortable lending a vehicle to someone...

https://classicsandexotics.com/car/223/

Note: I'm not endorsing thi site, just saw the ad and thought it would make a good discussion.

There are some other interesting cars for rent on the site.

1989 E30 M3 Zinno
    2004 330i ZHP (sold)
    2018 JCW Mini

Comment

Ask the owner:

https://s14net.vbulletin.net/forum/s...t-rented-my-m3
      1989 Lachs
      1988 Lachs - sold
      1988 DS - sold
      Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

I wouldn't lend my car to anyone, but it's cool to see that someone does. It's a great idea if you are in the market of buying a car. Just rent one for a day and see if it was how you expected it to be!

Comment

oups- repost. Came full circle back to s14 though

I never valet my vehicles let alone rent them out to a stranger for $200? way too much risk in my opinion..

edit: if I ever traveled to NY, you could bet that I would gladly pay William to drive around in his e30m3. Beautiful car!

Comment

He lends his BMW on Turo and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqX6oyKnpvc

Comment

This can happen to any rental car, from a company or individual like on Turo. This is why rental vehicles, in my opinion, have higher wear and tear; so why would you want this for your own car?

What surprises me is the comment "[...] my BMW was thrashed again on Turo!!!" and then the guy drove this fellah to the airport???

Comment

There's really no mystery here. Virtually anyone who rents a car is going to be somewhat careless and indifferent toward the vehicle, and a certain percentage will absolutely abuse and trash it. This is true whether the car in question is a classic 1988 BMW or a 2016 Hyundai.

I cannot believe anyone who cares in the least about their car would even consider it.

Comment

We should create our own e30m3 network to rent out our car to forum members

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3black View Post
                    He lends his BMW on Turo and this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqX6oyKnpvc
                    The most interesting part of this video is the bit with his phone later on. Pretty bizarre.
                    1989 Lachs
                    1988 Lachs - sold
                    1988 DS - sold
                    Bay Area M3 FB group

Comment

Wow. That guy just kept nagging the dude who damaged his car. Very annoying video. Moral to this story? Don't rent out your car if you really care about it.
                      There'll be Spandex jackets one for everyone ...

Comment

Seems like a great program to let an absolute stranger damage your car....

Comment

Rent out my prized M3 ? I don't let anyone near it talk less of driving it.....they just won't have the required respect to handle it with care. Would you rent out your wife ?

Comment

Originally posted by erikm54life View Post
                            Would you rent out your wife ?

Well......how much?

Comment

Working...
                            X