Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Hillcimb result this weekend!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin
    replied
    Virtually no movement what so ever. I have it clamped to the posts with the headrests pushed down. Igot the OEM headrest kit as pictured on the website. The ountingkit cost about 12 UKPounds IIRC.

I have used it on various track days as well as creating a screensaver from the footage of my driver training assessment lap from last August.

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Cheers Alan. That looks like a good idea - I'll have a go making something.
    Kevin, does it vibrate much? I ask, because the seat backs aren't exactly solid! Maybe I'll have to reweld the seat mounts on the passenger side liek I had to do on the drivers seat.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Steve/Alan

That's the mount I have (the first one on the page) and very good it is.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kevin; 05-09-2005, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• autohabit
    replied
    Steve,

I haven't got one of these but they look like they might work, you could probably knock one up yourself.

Camcorder Mount

Alan

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Kevin - cheers for the info - I don't have rear head-rests, but I might be able to use the mounting points. To be honest, I haven't really delved into the camera mount yet - my old boss offered to lend me his camera if i make a mount so I have to pull the finger out.

According to Alan (my old boss) he finds the video footage very helpfull for both him and his son who jointly hillclimb his 279hp Caterham.

Piers,

The Toyo's are excellent. It's hard to compare to other R compounds as i haven't used any others except the Avon CR28 Turbospeeds. There were probably better, but were 156 each compared to the 103 for the Toyo's.

I was told that the Kuhmo's are very sensitive to suspension setup and would probably need loads of camber to work right - on a road car I didn't want to go silly on the camber.

Most other competitors run Yoko AO48 in super soft compound. But with lots of things in motorsport, it's not necessarily that they are best, just that they are the cheapest option (around 90 per coner i think in 15 inch size).

The small hatchbacks and the Caterham type cars all run the Avon ACB10 crossplies. These aren't really suitable for the heavy M3 due to a low load rating and only being available in the slightly harder compounds in 15 inch size (the 13 inch sizes have 3 compounds to choose from). The Cr28s in 15 inch size are exactly the same compound and are radials.

I'm running the 205/50 15 size so the rolling circumference is smaller than it should be, and also a narrower profile - though they do lower the car a bit.

Leave a comment:

• piers66
    replied
    Steve

Thanks for info on suspension. Are you pleased with Toyos? Weighing up between those and Kumhos Ecsta V70. Hope to be fitting Leda coilovers to mine soon.

Toby

Did you get photos of Wbo2 setup taken - can't remember post on BMWCCGB?

Piers

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Steve

I have my video camera mounted on the rear headrests the bracket clamps onto the posts. I moved the front headrest to the rear when I installed the Recaros. Some folks think the rear headrests block rear vision but that isn't my experience.

More photos here

Oh and keep up the good work flying the E30 M3 flag

Cheers
    Last edited by Kevin; 05-09-2005, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Sorry Toby - I've mixed you up with the other chap - UK215m3.

My mistake on the horsepower - Bexley's have remapped it (after I removed the cat internals) so it's up from the official 215 to around 218 or thereabouts. A recent dyno run on a Dastek dyno showed 219hp.

Leave a comment:

• 215m3
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveM

Toby - that would be great - even if it's just the idea - I'm sure I can fabricate something given some ideas. I would ideally like to set the camera so I can see the rev counter as that's a great help in annalising the run. [/B]
    Steve this is not me who quoted this............

Anyway well done on the results.

Leave a comment:

• 215m3
    replied
    Originally posted by evostorm
    Steve, aren't Cecotto's 215bhp?
    Probably a bit far from you , but have you ever done Shelsley Walsh?
    Your correct, but Steve has had his mapped by bexleys so probably now 220 hp

Leave a comment:

• evostorm
    replied
    Steve, aren't Cecotto's 215bhp?
    Probably a bit far from you , but have you ever done Shelsley Walsh?

Leave a comment:

• SteveM
    replied
    Piers,

I've got Eibach springs, Bilstein dampers, factory offset top mounts, IE sway bars, E46 rear top mounts.

Running Toyo R888 R compound tyres. Otherwise a standard 220hp Cecotto.

Toby - that would be great - even if it's just the idea - I'm sure I can fabricate something given some ideas. I would ideally like to set the camera so I can see the rev counter as that's a great help in annalising the run.

Leave a comment:

• evolution260
    replied
    Its always nice to here such a good MMM news.
    Hope could also compete 4x4 after my 260HP project will be finished.
    Of course its very much about driver, so need more power to balance the driving skills -

Leave a comment:

• UK215M3
    replied
    Good work fella.

Steve I have a link somewhere for a camera mount that goes between the headrests, i'll try and find it.

Leave a comment:

• piers66
    replied
    What suspension set-up are you using?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X