195bhp and 215bhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 195bhp and 215bhp

OK heres the sketch. I am about to buy after a long search (ask John) 1 of 4 cars.
    89 E30 M3 cab (195hp)
    92 E30 M3 cab (215hp)

87 E30 M3 coupe (195hp)
    90 E30 M3 coupe (215hp)

Now i'm thinking that if I buy the cab I would want the 215hp as the car is heavier and could do with the extra power. But when it comes to the coupe will I notice the extra 20hp? Also what sort of money am I looking at to get the 195 to around say 205 -210 hp? Is it big money? :huh:

Mike

I'd get the 90 coupe. Great starting hp's and you can upgrade additionally from there. Are your warm and Sunny days long enough to choose a Cabrio?

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

Sunny days, are they long enough here? Thats what cabs are for is it
      Then I suppose the answer has to be no, we dont really get any sun.

Comment

Gotta be the 90 coupe, the M3 is a handling machine and cutting of the roof and adding a load of reinforcing and thus weight isn't what made the car a motorsport legend ...just my opinion that.
        Should you go for a 195 BHP car then check the 'For sale and wanted ' Forum of this very site and you'll see Daniel has a 215 bhp kit of parts for sale to convert the car. But of course buy a car on condition and price.
        This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

What are their mileages by the way.... That's a huge consideration

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

Comment

all under 90,000 miles
            the two cabs are around 70,000
            the 90 coupe 86,000
            the 88 coupe 55,000

Comment

How come I don't see as many "low" mileage cars here in the states? That makes me not so cheery.

Comment

Low mileage is relative... Think about how much you can drive in the UK. If you have less space to drive, miles are harder to put on the car.... :cool:
                1989 E30 M3 Cabrio - Nogaro Sliver / Black - 1 of 786
                1990 E30 M3 - Sterling Silver / Black
                1991 E30 318is - Sterling / Black (Mtech II project)

Comment

Hi, first post.

JMHO, do you want a driver's car or do you want a piece of history? One is one, the other is both.

Cheers,
                  Jake Larsen

Comment

Errr. Although the UK is not super-sized and extra value mealed, I don't think he is forced to stay within these boundaries....

It's also the potencey of the enjoyment, rather than the length. (Yes, I have a small one ) Sorta like 5 minutes with Holly Berry, or 10 hours with Roseanne Bar.
                    Anyway, it makes a difference to me since I want to be the one to rack the miles up, in 2 years, 20 or even 50. I like to be able to tell my story each mile at a time.

By the way... I've just lost my insurance company. They refuse to renew my coverage. :sosad: So I have a week to get some driving in. Gotta find a family member that doesn't hate me . Hahahaa

Comment

Funny how the cabs even happen to be made out of E30 m3. Just another testament to the whole money making era - I mean, it is simply crazy to cut off the roof of a perfectly new E30 M3! Whatever for?

Comment

Originally posted by Mracer
                        Funny how the cabs even happen to be made out of E30 m3. Just another testament to the whole money making era - I mean, it is simply crazy to cut off the roof of a perfectly new E30 M3! Whatever for?
                        Exactly, it's a totally pointless car, if you wanna pose then get a get 325i Motorsport cab.
                        "It's not the mountain we conquer but ourselves"

Comment

Working...
                        X