Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the fabric for the rear deck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the fabric for the rear deck.

I need to reupholster my rear deck as it is beyond faded. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue before and where can I get this material or somethjng close to it .

If i recall correctly that piece is vacuum formed , so if you try to re wrap it it will not look OEM . This is what my upholstery guy told me a while back . So i just had it recovered in suede. Let me know what you come up with id would like to have mine redone if you find the fabric .

Comment

I recently discussed this with my local upholstery shop. They had access to quite a few materials that could be used to recover the rear deck. It was just a matter of digging through them and finding the right texture and color. They said the job was quite simple otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by rewilfert View Post
        I recently discussed this with my local upholstery shop. They had access to quite a few materials that could be used to recover the rear deck. It was just a matter of digging through them and finding the right texture and color. They said the job was quite simple otherwise.
        So what material did they use... who is the manufacturer any particular name for the material?

Comment

I haven’t had the deck recovered yet. I was only searching to find out a rough cost and the difficulty of obtaining the materials. From my conversation with the shop, it appeared to be a non issue. I’m hoping to get it done this winter.

Comment

keep us posted please and thank you .

Comment

If it's just faded, consider a spray dye. It won't feel right, but how often do you touch the rear deck?
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black -
              AST 4100 500/500, Fikse Profil 13
              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
              - GC
              1989 325is Alpinweiß/Black - S50B30,GC/Koni, BBS RX, Peerless Skid, Sway
              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black - Basket Case

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd
              272 cam, Korman driveshaft, R888s, H&R/Bilstein

sigpic

Comment

True

Comment

Working...
                X