Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the fabric for the rear deck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afonsom3
    replied
    True

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    If it's just faded, consider a spray dye. It won't feel right, but how often do you touch the rear deck?

Leave a comment:

• paddle
    replied
    keep us posted please and thank you .

Leave a comment:

• rewilfert
    replied
    I havenít had the deck recovered yet. I was only searching to find out a rough cost and the difficulty of obtaining the materials. From my conversation with the shop, it appeared to be a non issue. Iím hoping to get it done this winter.

Leave a comment:

• Afonsom3
    replied
    Originally posted by rewilfert View Post
    I recently discussed this with my local upholstery shop. They had access to quite a few materials that could be used to recover the rear deck. It was just a matter of digging through them and finding the right texture and color. They said the job was quite simple otherwise.
    So what material did they use... who is the manufacturer any particular name for the material?

Leave a comment:

• rewilfert
    replied
    I recently discussed this with my local upholstery shop. They had access to quite a few materials that could be used to recover the rear deck. It was just a matter of digging through them and finding the right texture and color. They said the job was quite simple otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• paddle
    replied
    If i recall correctly that piece is vacuum formed , so if you try to re wrap it it will not look OEM . This is what my upholstery guy told me a while back . So i just had it recovered in suede. Let me know what you come up with id would like to have mine redone if you find the fabric .

Leave a comment:

• Afonsom3
    started a topic Looking for the fabric for the rear deck.

Looking for the fabric for the rear deck.

I need to reupholster my rear deck as it is beyond faded. Has anyone ever dealt with this issue before and where can I get this material or somethjng close to it .
Working...
X