Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon fiber replica of stock intake plenum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Finally Google told me that MAF is the original sensor and AFM is upgrade to newer one, that is why it confused me.
    Thanks, now I get it So I can simply download your Alpha-N settings to mine and it will work fine .
    I don't live in USA and additional tuning is a headache but I want the DTM Box .

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by fsound View Post
      Finally Google told me that MAF is the original sensor and AFM is upgrade to newer one, that is why it confused me.
      Thanks, now I get it So I can simply download your Alpha-N settings to mine and it will work fine .
      I don't live in USA and additional tuning is a headache but I want the DTM Box .
      Uh...no...apparently you don't get it....but I give up. Not sure how to make it any more clear.

      Either we have a severe language barrier or you are trolling....

      Comment


      • #18
        Yep I get it, I know that the post is not about DTM Box, I just overtaken it with my question and your Alpha-N, wasn't actually about "your Alpha-N", I even don't know if you have one never mind,
        Also DTM Box for me is about the looks not just the sound.
        Thank you, anyway.
        ps : I am not a troll too, just looking for some info here, now it easier for me to search the FAQ about Alpha-N and Boxes in General.

        Comment


        • #19
          He gave you a one post tutorial.
          You are either not getting it at all,,, or,,,, well I take that back, you are not getting it.
          jimmy p.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Street
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - Race (#98 SCCA SPU)
          92 E30 M Technic Cabrio - S14 POWERED!
          98 318Ti M44, Base - Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 - V10

          Comment


          • #20
            Then I will ask more questions about MAF, what do you think about Miller MAF ?
            1.Can it be used as plug and play ?
            2.It needs to be dyno tuned or it comes with already programmed chip ? https://www.millerperformancecars.co...r-combo-detail
            3.If I don't buy a chip for Miller MAF then it should be used with some kind external management ? External management by itself, doesn't include MAF ?
            Alpha-N
            How the process of tuning works ?
            1. It connects to regular PC ?
            2. It connects to Bosch 071 (OEM ECU) ?
            3. I upload predefined MAP and just tweak it with Fuel Ratio and Spark on RPM chart ? How the hell it connects to spark plugs ? How do I know that I should change it at all ? I would be really glad if someone will explain it, how it all works and the chart also.
            Now I Asked everything about MAF and Alpha-N

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by fsound View Post
              Then I will ask more questions about MAF, what do you think about Miller MAF ?
              1.Can it be used as plug and play ?
              2.It needs to be dyno tuned or it comes with already programmed chip ? https://www.millerperformancecars.co...r-combo-detail
              3.If I don't buy a chip for Miller MAF then it should be used with some kind external management ? External management by itself, doesn't include MAF ?
              Alpha-N
              How the process of tuning works ?
              1. It connects to regular PC ?
              2. It connects to Bosch 071 (OEM ECU) ?
              3. I upload predefined MAP and just tweak it with Fuel Ratio and Spark on RPM chart ? How the hell it connects to spark plugs ? How do I know that I should change it at all ? I would be really glad if someone will explain it, how it all works and the chart also.
              Now I Asked everything about MAF and Alpha-N
              Ironhead has done a very nice job explaining the details of the system - most of these new questions can be answered by searching the forums for past posts.
              1988 Lachs - sold
              1988 DS - sold
              Bay Area M3 FB group

              Comment


              • #22
                Miller offer a MAF upgrade in connection with a programmable chip. It gets rid of the old barn door setup if this is what you need. Other wise its alpha n, and hope for a competent souls assistance ;k)
                I thank god for every day i'm on this earth,
                with an E30M3

                Comment


                • #23
                  I wasn't going to get into this but maybe this will help. I ran the Miller MAF and WAR chip for about a year but converted back to stock.

                  1.Can it be used as plug and play ?
                  Yes there is one wire that needs to be swapped but other than that it plugs right in.

                  2.It needs to be dyno tuned or it comes with already programmed chip ?
                  Miller gives a basic tune on a programmed chip. If you buy the WAR chip it will come with the same basic tune.programmed but it needs fine tuning at a dyno with someone who knows the maps. This can be the expensive part. By the way, the WAR chip has space for 4 tunes and a selector switch to go between them.

                  3.If I don't buy a chip for Miller MAF then it should be used with some kind external management ? External management by itself, doesn't include MAF ?
                  Alpha-N.
                  Read up on the Alpha-N and it will answer your question about the need for a MAF.

                  How the process of tuning works ?
                  1. It connects to regular PC ?
                  Yes but can only upload and download with the car off. It does not program in real time.

                  2. It connects to Bosch 071 (OEM ECU) ?
                  It connects to the WAR chip which is installed in the ECU.

                  3. I upload predefined MAP and just tweak it with Fuel Ratio and Spark on RPM chart ?
                  Every car will have a slightly different map. That is why you need a dyno and someone who understands tuning.

                  How the hell it connects to spark plugs ? How do I know that I should change it at all ? I would be really glad if someone will explain it, how it all works and the chart also.

                  Google is you friend on engine management.

                  Good luck. I suggest you stick to stock,

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks helped me a lot .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jwbavalon View Post
                      I wasn't going to get into this but maybe this will help. I ran the Miller MAF and WAR chip for about a year but converted back to stock.


                      As someone who has used the system, why did you remove your Miller MAF?

                      I have also been looking at Miller MAFís and the Split Second MAF. Not sure which direction to go.

                      Comment


                      • jwbavalon
                        jwbavalon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My car qualified as a collector car with the insurance company but it had to be stock . As I only drive the M3 on nice days and show and shines, I was not after any increase in performance so off it came. From what I remembered, it was a seat of the pants improvement. in get up and go. It was also easy to install.

                        It is now in a box waiting with all my other spare parts.

                    • #26
                      There are numerous other systems besides Alpha-N that just the most common. Motec and AEM and Autronic come to mind. I had an Autronic SM-4 set up on one of my cars and after it was set up properly it was great. Throttle was no longer laggy and had great snap on or off.
                      Who knows where I'll be, changes from day to Continent.

                      Comment


                      • #27
                        Iím looking for a simple, more modern setup that is as plug Ďní play as possible. I donít want to get into custom harnesses and extensive dyno tuning, etc if I can avoid it.

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          The Miller fits the plug and play model. Only a mod to the upper air box to fit the MAF and a wiring jumper in the ECU harness is required. The WAR chip can have 4 tunes from stock to anything you want.. A number of S14 owners run the system but I'm not sure of the Miller support or further development.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X